Democrat Joe Biden denies alleged sexual assault, requests release of Senate records

rooster59

@OneMoreFarang,

We can ignore abberant behavior to a point.  But I don't want someone with that sort of behavioral traits (character flaws?) becoming President of the U.S. Let a bit of a nut case get to be top dog?  I don't like it.  Yeah, Trump is often over the top, but he isn't a career politician, who are the ones who bug me. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

In response to Biden’s call for the records to be opened and the release of the report of sexual assault/harassment his accuser has said she filed, she has responded with yet another change to her story.

She now says the report she filed was not of sexual assault or sexual harassment,  but she now says, of being made to feel uncomfortable.

Reade said on a podcast that in 1993, Biden penetrated her with his hand while in the U.S. Capitol complex, when she was a staff assistant in his Senate office

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/joe-biden-responds-sexual-assault-allegations-tara-reade-denial/

Well, being fisted would certainly qualify as "being made to feel uncomfortable". Although it does seem that choice of words is downplaying the severity of the sexual assault.

As the democrats (used to) say, believe all women. Always.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Reade said on a podcast that in 1993, Biden penetrated her with his hand while in the U.S. Capitol complex, when she was a staff assistant in his Senate office

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/joe-biden-responds-sexual-assault-allegations-tara-reade-denial/

Well, being fisted would certainly qualify as "being made to feel uncomfortable". Although it does seem that choice of words is downplaying the severity of the sexual assault.

Hmmmmm. Being "fisted" is something different to what she is complaining about.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmmm. Being "fisted" is something different to what she is complaining about.

As per the credible link I posted above to a legacy media site. He "penetrated her with his hand". That is what it is. We will have to wait for more details to leak out to determine whether his hand that did the molesting was clenched or open. So far that info is not in the public domain. Either way, I don't suppose Joe was expecting his campaign to be going quite like this!

Edited by TopDeadSenter
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

To be absolutely clear, what she says in the linked podcast was not said in 1993.

It is a recent recording of one of the many widely differing variations of he accounts of what Reade alleges took place.

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

As per the credible link I posted above to a legacy media site. He "penetrated her with his hand". That is what it is. We will have to wait for more details to leak out to determine whether his hand that did the molesting was clenched or open. So far that info is not in the public domain. Either way, I don't suppose Joe was expecting his campaign to be going quite like this!

The ‘credibility’ of the link is dependent upon the credibility of the information it provides.

It provides a late, not contemporaneous, variation of the numerous differing accounts Reade has given.

Reade did file a ‘contemporaneous’ complaint and made statements that her complaint was of sexual abuse/Harassment.

Biden responded to her statements regarding the existence of her ‘contemporaneous’ complaint by calling for the records of her complaint to be released.

Reade then responded to Biden’s call to release the complaint with yet another change to her account of events, now stating her complaint was not about sexual assault or sexual harassment but of being made to feel uncomfortable.

Both the accused and the accuser deserve a swift, full, transparent investigation and the swift and full prosecution of the person who has committed a crime, be that one of sexual assault or filing a false accusation.

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The ‘credibility’ of the link is dependent upon the credibility of the information it provides.

It provides a late, not contemporaneous, variation of the numerous differing accounts Reade has given.

Reade did file a ‘contemporaneous’ complaint and made statements that her complaint was of sexual abuse/Harassment.

Biden responded to her statements regarding the existence of her ‘contemporaneous’ complaint by calling for the records of her complaint to be released.

Reade then responded to Biden’s call to release the complaint with yet another change to her account of events, now stating her complaint was not about sexual assault or sexual harassment but of being made to feel uncomfortable.

Both the accused and the accuser deserve a swift, full, transparent investigation and the swift and full prosecution of the person who has committed a crime, be that one of sexual assault or filing a false accusation.

Actually, Biden called for the release of his records from the National Archives, who have stated that they don't have any of Biden's records. Biden's records reside with the University of Delaware with the stipulation that they are not to be released until two years after his political career has ended. When asked if Biden thought his records should be released from the U of D, Biden equivocated, stating that all his past political history would only provide fodder for his political opponents to attack him with. When asked if he would agree to a very narrow search of his records where only Tara Reade appears, he again equivocated. It was a pretty unsatisfactory explanation frankly. The 8 0r 9 other complaints against him added to it, don't really give one a warm and fuzzy feeling about him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

Actually, Biden called for the release of his records from the National Archives, who have stated that they don't have any of Biden's records. Biden's records reside with the University of Delaware with the stipulation that they are not to be released until two years after his political career has ended. When asked if Biden thought his records should be released from the U of D, Biden equivocated, stating that all his past political history would only provide fodder for his political opponents to attack him with. When asked if he would agree to a very narrow search of his records where only Tara Reade appears, he again equivocated. It was a pretty unsatisfactory explanation frankly. The 8 0r 9 other complaints against him added to it, don't really give one a warm and fuzzy feeling about him.

we should call Investigator Paragraph.

46 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

we should call Investigator Paragraph.

OK, here's my excuse. I've been forced to use Facebook lately to talk to my daughters. Every time I hit the enter key to start a new paragraph it posts a partial amount of what I wanted to say and I guess that's carried over to here. I am not particularly technologically literate, and I'm doing the best I can.

Edited by lannarebirth

43 minutes ago, Tug said:

Ahhh you are mistaken I lead a very busy full life with my family property’s hobby’s and all those good things but it is true I do vent here about that disaster that is donald John trump and it is refreshing to see a politician that says go ahead look into it not lie and hide behind a bunch of lawyers 

C'mon man. You're not dumb. Biden's awful and I'm guessing you understand that on some level. I get that you hate Trump, and I do too, but that doesn't mean that Biden isn't a horrendous choice for the presidency.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And I thought it would Biden's sleaze-bag son Hunter that caused all the problems. I guess that's for the next round. The Dems better start trying to come up with a Plan B quickly, because this is not going to end well. And if they have any hope of victory, the B better not be Bernie. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

C'mon man. You're not dumb. Biden's awful and I'm guessing you understand that on some level. I get that you hate Trump, and I do too, but that doesn't mean that Biden isn't a horrendous choice for the presidency.

While Uncle Joe was just a ( IMO ) bumbling buffoon as VP it didn't really matter as Obama wasn't going to drop dead during his time. Now that it seems that if the only candidate suitable to the DNC is entirely likely to drop dead any time, or go completely gaga it's rather more serious. IMO the DNC didn't expect any candidate to win against Trump ( except possibly Bernie which is why they, IMO, sabotaged him, again ), and the Corona has changed things a bit. It is now entirely possible Joe would win, so the person to be focused on would be the VP, and seems to me that the DNC is thinking HRC can get snuck in. Not a prospect I relish.

Meanwhile, IMO Joe appears so discombobulated now that supporting him must be difficult for reasonable people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While Uncle Joe was just a ( IMO ) bumbling buffoon as VP it didn't really matter as Obama wasn't going to drop dead during his time. Now that it seems that if the only candidate suitable to the DNC is entirely likely to drop dead any time, or go completely gaga it's rather more serious. IMO the DNC didn't expect any candidate to win against Trump ( except possibly Bernie which is why they, IMO, sabotaged him, again ), and the Corona has changed things a bit. It is now entirely possible Joe would win, so the person to be focused on would be the VP, and seems to me that the DNC is thinking HRC can get snuck in. Not a prospect I relish.

Meanwhile, IMO Joe appears so discombobulated now that supporting him must be difficult for reasonable people.

I agree with you in the main, but I don't see HRC making a re-emergence, but Biden was stupid enough to hold a podcast with her the other day. That's how out of touch he is.

He's painted himself into a corner on his VP choice. Gonna be a woman. No problem with that. Gonna be a "person of color". No problem with that. But looking around the political landscape of Democratic women of color, absolutely no one looks ready, much less electable to assume the presidency, which I what they will be forced to be doing from day one.

On 5/1/2020 at 8:05 PM, TopDeadSenter said:

That's right Joe. When your party was using the Christine Ford allegations to troll and bash justice Kavanaugh, his family , and the GOP just 18 months ago, that was the position. Believe women always. No ifs no buts.

So sad to see it all backfiring like this. This must be humiliating knowing his own party made the rod that is now being used to beat him. It is the absolute last thing Joe needs after the Ukraine "son-of-a he got fired" video, his son Hunter's terrible and seemingly corrupt activities, the spurious rumors Joe not having his wits about him, and now this. Doesn't seem like Joe is having a good run here.

Not comparable allegations and you know it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, sirineou said:

Swooshhhh over your head.

Let me explain. The kavanaugh nomination was subject to a confirmation hearing that require investigation of allegations,and the subsequent reporting of the proceedings. 

Biden's nomination requires none of that.

As Biden has allowed all congressional personal records to be released no one stops you or anyone else from investigating.I am sure if such investigations uncover wrongdoing, it will be reported. 

If credible evidence exist no one stops the DOJ from investigating and prosecuting. 

But guess what? so far nothing other than hot air from the right and their tools exists. 

Trump's nomination and campaign didn't require any of that either.

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Not comparable allegations and you know it.

You're right. Not comparable allegations. Reade's friends corroborate Reade's accusations. Ford's friends deny Ford's version of events.

• Like 2

Retrospective justice is crazy. Standards in my youth were totally different from the standards espoused today. God, a good half, at least, of the male population in those days were guilty of sexual harrassment. Like we used to smoke in the office, drink and drive, and a woman was expected to defend her honour. My mother was a big advocate of the hatpin or a stiletto between the eyeballs. Which begs the question, how complicit were these women?

Edited by nausea
More info.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sujo said:

Seems its a nothing burger. She never made any complaint of the fingers etc. only that she was uncomfortable.

Perhaps biden should use the trump defence and say she is too ugly for him to do that.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/harassment-assault-absent-in-joe-biden-complaint/d9d7b6c1-2d63-4f99-80a2-e8c61d05a515

Please provide an example or reference as to when President Trump used that defense, or is this just another truth challenged post, very pathetic post as is your attitude on the the victims appearance having anything to do with the credibility of her accusations. 

With out a specific example of as you say “The Trump defence (sic)” it would seem her accusations are a lot more credible than your truth challenged post.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 11:12 AM, Jingthing said:

Our likely next president Biden has successfully neutralized this. Short of some surprise stronger evidence it's over. The truth is that unlike the 45, Biden has not shown any pattern or reputation of being a sexual abuser. Physical boundaries thing which he is known for is not the same thing. So sorry for the 45 fans that thought they had a Biden killer with this. Of course I am not saying that it's definite that he didn't do it. Who knows? Only that he has presented plausible deniability and that is going to be good enough. 

Do you really think he's only known for "physical boundaries thing". You must be blind. I can show you many videos of Biden grabbing kids, playing with their hair, sniffing their hair and kissing them - and only the girls. He's a dirty old, senile man. He will not be running. As a die hard Democrat you should be hoping and praying he doesn't get the nomination.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Do you really think he's only known for "physical boundaries thing". You must be blind. I can show you many videos of Biden grabbing kids, playing with their hair, sniffing their hair and kissing them - and only the girls. He's a dirty old, senile man. He will not be running. As a die hard Democrat you should be hoping and praying he doesn't get the nomination.

He's already got the nomination. I am not blind. I'm assuming you're probably a 45 fan. Well then you should be dancing in streets if you actually think Joe Biden is such a bad candidate. I think he's a strong candidate and so does 45. He's very afraid of losing to him. 

Cheers

• Sad 1