Pattaya Gym membership

SAFETY FIRST

So, my gym membership recently expired and looks like the gyms may be opening soon.

Any suggestions for membership here in Pattaya

Tony’s have a big gym 3rd and South Road intersection but his smaller gym on the opposite side with swimming pool, tennis court, sauna etc is being demolished.

What will be built on this land. Do you think it may be an expansion of his gym network or will this Tonys gym network shut down?

What are your thoughts?

25 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Google 'PRS gym pattaya' that's where i train when i'm in town, very clean, good equipment, great pool.

Not cheap.

Yes PRS is very nice. Great selection of equipment and group and private classes. Sauna, steam and swimming pool. The last time we stayed there, at their hotel, use of the gym etc was free with accommodation. This was pre-virus.

If you can get a Tony gym lifetime membership for (think it was around B14000)  and willing to take a risk, that wasn't a bad deal I thought as it included aerobics, aquaaerobics, spinning classes etc which was great. That was a good while ago but could be good if he builds a new gym and gives life time membership again. 

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

I would suggest using the gym in your condo. Doesn't cost you any extra as you are already paying for it through your monthly rental fee of your room.

In my experience unless you are staying in a very high end condo the gyms are normally rubbish. Equipment not changed since condo opened, never maintainer, never cleaned.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2020 at 11:20 AM, HashBrownHarry said:

In my experience unless you are staying in a very high end condo the gyms are normally rubbish. Equipment not changed since condo opened, never maintainer, never cleaned.

But compared to tony gym sometimes condo gyms are better...

1 hour ago, gamesgplayemail said:

clearly overpriced and they stop aircon during the day. ridiculous.

It's 200 baht a day which i don't consider over priced and each morning i've been in there A/C has been on in the cardio building and weights building.

This was maybe 6-8 months ago though so maybe it's changed?

• Haha 1

I think that is his open air gym equipment he is selling though...not the big 24hr Tony one opposite,i maybe wrong but im sure its the corner open air  gym equipment .

it used to be a market place a few years ago,its opposite that Aussie bar at the traffic lights,is that still going?????,the owner was a aussie guy who used to tell you to shut the F up if the rugby league was on the TV????......getting off topic but I remember sitting there in that aussie bar casually talking to another farang over a beer and hearing this ...hey mate <deleted> ...the footy's on ????????????????

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

On 5/11/2020 at 12:02 PM, bkk6060 said:

Tony's is selling all his equipment and closing up shop from what I heard.

Anybody buy a "lifetime" membership?

20200511_112422.jpeg

Yep bought one years ago...B14000...happy with what I had when the aerobics/aquaerobics/ pool/ spinning etc were going. Still I considered it a risky purchase then.