driving from surat to phuket?

steve2112

i've been stranded in surat (ko phangan) for ever and want to get home to phuket. i have a phuket address on my driving licence and my wife has a phuket address and tabian baan. she's home now.

does anyone know if i can drive home now? what docs would i need to get through all the checkpoints?

thx

30 minutes ago, petermik said:

If you live in Phuket I cannot see any reason why you will not be allowed to drive back...go for it :thumbsup:

During these current times, maybe not a smart move to adopt a fingers crossed policy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

During these current times, maybe not a smart move to adopt a fingers crossed policy.

sure, don't want to get stranded in phang na or something, i'll try those numbers, thx

10 hours ago, petermik said:

If you live in Phuket I cannot see any reason why you will not be allowed to drive back...go for it :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, pagallim said:

Not fingers crossed...if he can prove he is resident in Phuket they cannot refuse him entry....he may of course be subject to some form of quarantine.....:thumbsup:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, steve2112 said:

so it turns out i can get into phuket if my wife picks me up at the bridge with the marriage certificate. so now the trick is finding a way to the bridge.

I thought you were able to drive there..."does anyone know if I can drive there now".......:whistling:

8 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Yeah, stuck with the wife at home for 14 days. Jesus save me!!

You aint seen his misses have U.....SOL (s*x on legs) brilliant cook and millionairess into the bargain :thumbsup:

@Steve2112, I would be interested in hearing how you did with this, im in the same situation needing to get back to Phuket by land crossing, keep us updated please. I’ve also sent you a PM.

I am also in this same predicament , i have lived in Phuket 19 years , and i have my own house there since 2004 (in company name) , i left Phuket by car on 25 February and took a slow drive North to Chiang Mai . We planned to return to Phuket on March 29th but hours before we left information was given that the bridge will be closed at 6.00 am on 30 March. So now we are still in Chiang Mai and would like to drive back home. The documents i have with me is my passport which shows on the immigration slip that my address is in Phuket , i have my Thai driving licence with me again registered in Phuket and my Blue vehicle book showing me as the owner and registered at my home address in Phuket. It's such a long way to drive back 1600 km to be turned away at the bridge , so i ant to be sure before i leave. 

Is there a resolution to this? Can we return to our home in Phuket?

I just downloaded the app “phuketsmartchekin” but it’s all in Thai.

Has anyone successfully returned to their home in Phuket recently??

Thank you 

i checked at the amphur here in koh phangan and they said all i need is a medical certificate from kpn hospital and they can give me a letter to travel.

thing is i don't fancy riding a bike back, i'd rather my wife came to pick me up at donsak ferry terminal in the car, but not sure she can leave phuket because she has a phuket address. we are trying to find that out.

I just watched a live facebook video stream of a opening ceremony at the Sarisin Bridge.  It was a press event showing the screening measures for those returning to Phuket.

It was all in Thai so I did not get any details, but I’m hoping the Phuket press will be putting out additional information very soon.

fingers crossed!!

Im also stuck in Surat and live in Phang Nga. I was told I need a medical certificat and permission by some local authority to be able to drive through the Romanee check point. Also, a mandatory 14 day quarentine once home was mentioned, which makes us stay put in Surat. We got this info 2 weeks ago, so maybe its pissible to enter Phang Nga now. Does anyone have info on this?

22 hours ago, RickNew said:

I just read they open Phuket this Saturday 16th, but must do mandatory 14 day home quarantine.

I think I better to just stay where I’m at than do Phuket quarantine! 

Is there any further clarification on this ? Any links ?

I’m also waiting to get back to Phuket, but I’ve already self quarantined for the past 2 months in a place with zero cases, so I will not be doing another 14 days in Phuket.

They just confirmed Domestic flights coming into Phuket Airport from May 16 on will require mandatory quarantine.  No word yet on bridge crossing,  but if they require by air, you can bet they’ll also require for land!!

I’m with you Taxin, I’ve also been quarantine out of phuket 2 months now.  I have no desire to go back to Phuket and do 14 more days.  Better just to stay where i am