Driving licence renewal during COVID

My Thai driving licence expires soon. Am I right in thinking that it will remain valid (even after it expires) for 15 days following the announcement that the Emergency Decree is over, whenever that may be?

Would my insurance still be valid during this time, even if my licence has expired? Any up to date info would be much appreciated as I would rather not go to the transport office during this time if I can help it.

Once it expires it is no longer valid, ring your insurance company and ask them what their policy is in regards to expired licences, better to be sure than sorry.

Pattaya DLT (banglamung) re-opens on the 7th for licence renewals and the like, check your local one to see if they re-open as well.

8 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Once it expires it is no longer valid, ring your insurance company and ask them what their policy is in regards to expired licences, better to be sure than sorry.

Pattaya DLT (banglamung) re-opens on the 7th for licence renewals and the like, check your local one to see if they re-open as well.

I was under the impression that it remains valid 

https://inspirehuahin.com/lifestyle/dlt-no-need-to-renew-your-driving-license-until-15-days-after-the-emergency-decree-is-over/  

The Transport Agency have announced that anyone with a Thai Licence expiring after the 2nd January 2020 will be covered under an amnesty agreed with the Thai Police until after the lockdown/curfew has been lifted96080808_2609570359266115_1176390936784011264_o.jpg.eb1a49be7dab1f8cd2be5b32996eed69.jpg

On 5/4/2020 at 8:53 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Queue open again from May 7. Check with your office.

This story is out of date. Licenses that have expired since January 2 are all extended until the emergency decree ends. Insurance remains valid. A new story will be in the newsletter this afternoon.

Rooster