Second-stage contagion now a real danger, public health chief warns

webfact

21 hours ago, Xi Tha Virus said:

The CCP Virus is not going away, it goes in waves and spikes from time to time. The only way to combat it, is a vaccine and destroying the CCP itself before it let Covid-20 21 23 ... out ... As the wise man said : China has a history of infecting the world.

By the look of it, the CCP has already infected a great deal of the Western world, with no sign of a vaccine on the horizon. 

And there was li'l ol' me thinking we already had herd immunity!

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 3:25 PM, webfact said:

Tests were conducted last week at crowded places such as prisons and worker’s shelters across the country, but no traces of the virus were found.

Unless they were using antibody test, those in those locations may have caught it and recovered (likely w/o symptoms) long ago.  That would match the results from US Prisons - lots of positives, but few every felt ill.  Many of those leaving Wuhan, when that area was cut off from the rest of China, came to Thailand early-on, which would have been the "first wave." 

We are fortunate only a small percentage of those who get this virus are affected by it - almost exclusively the elderly and infirm.

6 hours ago, Snackbar said:

‘test asymptomatic members of the public’

How is this even possible without testing every member of the public.

Statistical modeling.  But the larger and more diverse the sample-size, the more accurate the results, of course.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2020 at 2:14 PM, JCP108 said:

This is why nobody was seemingly paying attention to the government's asking people to not travel this weekend. Why would they obey that when there seems to be no risk to Thais (though clearly dirty foreigners are at risk). 

This is also (in my mind) the explanation of why I'm not seeing actual social distancing in my part of Thailand (Ladprao). About 70% wear masks when out and about. About 10% wear them when inside our neighborhood (and, then, mostly as chin protectors). They sit close together, sharing drinks, eating with no serving spoons out of common dishes, and (usually) with at least one dog or cat sitting on the same table as the food.

The dog and cat were the safest thing at the party  

Edited by rod40a

On 5/5/2020 at 8:49 PM, Xi Tha Virus said:

The CCP Virus is not going away, it goes in waves and spikes from time to time. The only way to combat it, is a vaccine and destroying the CCP itself before it let Covid-20 21 23 ... out ... As the wise man said : China has a history of infecting the world.

And you are the wise man

15 hours ago, bluedoc said:

Unfortunately they are not testing enough, and where they are testing the kits they use are not fit for purpose. (Made in China), the other day they had 40 positives, then retesting showed they had no positives, a third test in Bangkok said they had 40 false positives. Maybe they should test again so they can get 40 positive negatives.

I wish this was not consistent with the usual experience when Thais are involved.

It's always the same, but nobody learns anything from it except some of the farangs who learn not to trust or rely upon Thais for anything. It's not just medical, it's everything. I hired a Thai to paint a room a while back, and wish to God I hadn't, he even banjaxxed cutting a small tree down (the wife hired him for that).

These people are a nightmare sometimes, their universities should offer courses in how to balls things up.

Edited by ParkerN

Given that the models and predictions have been wrong since the beginning, I dont believe and "but what if" statements by anyone. Show me some actual results. I live in the world of what is probable, not what is possible, to happen