Cybercriminals Now Leverage reCAPTCHA Walls to Appear Legitimate

There should be annual awards for the most creative scam artists. This one would be a runner up.

In a recent campaign, scammers were seen using the legitimate reCaptcha walls for a phishing email scam involving a fake Microsoft login page.

https://cyware.com/news/cybercriminals-now-leverage-recaptcha-walls-to-appear-legitimate-47cb122d

They are persistent too. I have blocked and marked as spam numerous emails warning me that my Apple ID (which I don't have) has been locked for security reasons and I need to log-in to my account. The fake PayPal restore your account scam is another one.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

They are persistent too. I have blocked and marked as spam numerous emails warning me that my Apple ID (which I don't have) has been locked for security reasons and I need to log-in to my account. The fake PayPal restore your account scam is another one.

I get phone calls regarding the extended warrantee on my car, but they don't specify if it's the Rolls or the Ferrari  ????

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

yeah, i tried to contact paypal in vane to stop it,

but never a response, only way is to never touch anything that

says paypal