Mojave

lujanit

Hi All,

I made the huge mistake of 'upgrading' to Catalina.  Time Machine took care of backups so Mojave is gone.

I am having a problem with Catalina in that the SideBar (Finder/Preferences/SideBar) fails to show any connected iPads.  It appears to be a known problem and there are a lot of articles online to 'fix' the problem.  None of them work no matter how many times and variations I try in my case.

So I wish to downgrade to Mojave (10.14).  I have downloaded several files of the Mojave .dmg (10.14.6).  Unfortunately all them seem to be corrupt.  Either that or Apple installer looks at the model number and gives a message that the .dmg is corrupt.  I have erased the Hard Drive before trying installation.

Does anyone have a copy of the Mojave installer downloaded from Apple?  If yes can we work out a way to get it to me?

TIA

It is unlikely that a disk image of the Mojave installer will work as it is tied to the Apple ID it was downloaded with.

Depending on your location I may be able to assist, though I doubt that you are near enough to me for that.

I probably either have or can download the image as I have the install images for most if not all the recent systems, I’m just checking now.

Try the steps here first.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

I now have it but have to find out exactly where it is, it may be on the hidden partition and that is not so easy to access.

D6723A5A-1816-4995-9013-40BA04EF241C.thumb.jpeg.8fa5f2f063a651268ce2fc5b935637b6.jpeg

I have the location contact me by PM if you want to proceed 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

20 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

@lujanit I assume you are sorted so unless you contact me in the next day or 2 I will reclaim the 6Gb of space used by the install image.

all the best with your downgrade 

Thanks.  I have found a link to Mojave on the App Store.  Used RichCor’s link to the imore site.  Currently downloading.  I will let you know how I get on before you delete the image you have.  Hopefully later today.

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

@lujanit I assume you are sorted so unless you contact me in the next day or 2 I will reclaim the 6Gb of space used by the install image.

all the best with your downgrade 

Well that was a failure.

image.png.3fbdcb7b47a872a792d2408b7d7e9af6.png

I have come across before.  Pain in the rear end. Sent you a PM