18 months of pandemic pain ahead, warns govt panel

rooster59

7 hours ago, izod10 said:

The 18 months have not even started,when the green flag is shown ,and that will not be so for years to come,only then can people come out of the dark. 

Years of this misery in store

It's being so cheerful what keeps me going.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, izod10 said:

The 18 months have not even started,when the green flag is shown ,and that will not be so for years to come,only then can people come out of the dark. 

Years of this misery in store

You are not a tree. If you don't like the conditions where you are, you can always move?

1 minute ago, transam said:

Reads like they just found something to do...........:coffee1:

Strange how dog packs still roam the streets of LOS and folk die from rabies..Nothing ever done about that.

Road carnage, nothing ever done about that..

Children riding and dying on motorbikes, nothing ever done about that....:sad:

Have you not been reading the different threads ??

Those deaths don't count, as they are not "exponential" !! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

Have you not been reading the different threads ??

Those deaths don't count, as they are not "exponential" !! 

Gawd, will have to google that...............????

10 minutes ago, Youlike said:

In other EU countries they found out that this year they had less total deads than in previous years....

Please provide the link that confirms this. IMHO it is complete baloney.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

Please provide the link that confirms this. IMHO it is complete baloney.

I read somewhere that UK normal death figures are down, you can glooooooogle that stuff....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Off topic but interesting.

I read an article yesterday about Google, effectively blocking any content on YouTube about Bitcoin. That got my attention...

Seems it has been going on for a while. I wonder why Google don't want people viewing videos about Bitcoin ??

I am in Spain, no censoring here,

bitcoin up 32,0373% in 1 month.

But maybe - 30% next week ? It's gambling.

So much for being positive.. stop with the negative <deleted>!!! Thailand has done a good job with the pandemic.  Let's hope people will lower flights, hotel and good customer service.  This should be shouted to all.  Do not take tourist for granted.  Let's bounce back.  You,  who wrote this should write a positive artical. That's if you  know how to???. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, baansgr said:

Yet those same people that scream about Government control and spying on citizens.....are constantly on Facebook 24/7..

Nope, actually those are not the same people. You are confused, next you'll be telling us that inversely people that are not "constantly on Facebook" don't care about compulsory government tracking and surveillance. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mr mr said:

i fear the 2nd wave will kill a massive 67 people in thailand. you know like a regular day of car accident deaths.

that tsunami...was a really big wave..would take some beating..lets hope and resurgence of this virus is just a ripple.

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Interesting that this virus occurred at a time when people in very many well established "developed first world" nations were showing high displeasure at their governments and politicians.

Just a coincidence? We'll never know.

A coincidence that has been jumped on as an excuse, that's might take on it... 

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Surely the big worry is that once tourism starts up again there's a major risk that the more deadly and aggressive form of the virus that has wrought havoc in Europe and the eastern US might get a foothold in Thailand.

That all depends on whether the virus that swept across Thailand from December - January grants immunity to future strains, it may well do but there's only one way to find out and that's to wait and see.

10 hours ago, mr mr said:

i fear the 2nd wave will kill a massive 67 people in thailand. you know like a regular day of car accident deaths.

Another Alcohol ban soon . Rip.

This country has now so much tourism related structure to it that sooner or later we need overseas 

tourists, (not so much for the country to survive but the investors in this sector screaming) ,,, but from where ?, UK, China, USA, Canada, Italy, Spain, Indonesia, Africa etc, etc,,, there is not much left.

I see tourism dead for the next 6 months & if they do open the door, could expose themselves to a huge 2nd wave which may engulf the country .

Terrible choice to make 

10 hours ago, bodga said:

Where?

Global fatality rate is 7.7%

Per country the death rate varies from 0.25 to c. 12%.

Source: https://www.biospectrumasia.com/news/83/15738/covid-19-the-current-case-fatality-rate-globally-.html

Also different countries log data / deaths differently, some will register someone who died of a heart attack but had COVID they log it as a COVID death which is highly debatable if the heart condition was pre existing. So the global death rates are at least in part including deaths of people with pre existing medial conditions. Italy, having the second highest deaths in Europe has stated >99% of deaths were people with pre existing medical complaints.

So the number that everyone wants to know, the death rate for normal fit / healthy people of working age is rather impossible to know. However we can deduce that it is lower than 7.7%, globally. Likely significantly lower.

• Thanks 1