Drive from Chiang Mai to Pattaya

Haven't heard of any quarantine in Pattaya. No checkpoints anymore as well.

Friend of mine rode (or maybe drove) from Chiang Rai to Pattaya the day before yesterday.

No quarantine on arrival. He posted pics  yesterday of him and some buddies that went for a ride (not a drive) around the area and stopped for lunch somewhere.

I just driving  back home to north Chiang Mai from Trat. Sleep in Sakeo and Phisanulok Hotel without any problem. A few Checkpoints Checking temperature... But Major of the village enforced me to keep In home for quarantine 2 weeks. That’s Ok 

Edited by Tarteso

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Haven't heard of any quarantine in Pattaya. No checkpoints anymore as well.

Friend of mine rode (or maybe drove) from Chiang Rai to Pattaya the day before yesterday.

No quarantine on arrival. He posted pics  yesterday of him and some buddies that went for a ride (not a drive) around the area and stopped for lunch somewhere.

Officially, interprovincial travels are banned from May 3 under the Emergency decree unless it's essential. 14 days self isolation is required in several provinces when coming back home.

I have a Thai friend from Pattaya who attended a funeral about 60 km outside Khon Kaen. He was there about 8 days and had to have a Covid test before he was allowed to leave the province. He arrived back in Pattaya last Wednesday and was told he had to self isolate/quarantine  at home for 14 days.  He is not sure if they check up on him, although he says they can drive by and see that his car has not moved to confirm he is still at home.

Maybe he was just unlucky and picked a bad entry checkpoint.....who knows.

25 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

I have a Thai friend from Pattaya who attended a funeral about 60 km outside Khon Kaen. He was there about 8 days and had to have a Covid test before he was allowed to leave the province. He arrived back in Pattaya last Wednesday and was told he had to self isolate/quarantine  at home for 14 days.  He is not sure if they check up on him, although he says they can drive by and see that his car has not moved to confirm he is still at home.

Being a funeral ( at what sounds like a small village ) the Pu Yai Baan probably wanted to play the big man.

Who told him to self isolate back in Pattaya?

53 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Rubbish...He is not telling you the truth.????

There are no entry points into Pattaya that check where you come from, and certainly don't tell you to isolate.

Last Wednesday the Sukhumvit checkpoints had already been dismantled (and they were only for checking people going into Central Pattaya).

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, thainet said:

Rubbish...He is not telling you the truth.????

There are no entry points into Pattaya that check where you come from, and certainly don't tell you to isolate.

Last Wednesday the Sukhumvit checkpoints had already been dismantled (and they were only for checking people going into Central Pattaya).

This is correct from my experience.

Came last week from Bangkok via a domestic flight to Suvarn. Taxi to Pattaya no checkpoints, no one told me to quarantine when I got off the plane.

• Thanks 1

If you use the 1/32 you should be fine. Some places like Nakhon Sawan/Phitsanulok not that the latter should be a problem. You cant enter the main town without a good reason (That was of 1 week ago might be ok now) If you use the N/S bypass the rest of your trip should be fine. Mind you if you intend to stop over for 1 night you might have problems finding a hotel.

The speed checks are still in force, just keep to 110kph and you will be fine. N/B they still have the usual checks on route, they like you to wear a mask at those.