Surviving Thai Prison - Why You Wouldn't Make It

Speaking and understanding Thai is most important before and during incarceration.

Some of the young foreigners caught up in drug charges are clueless to how much trouble they’re in.

Edited by twocatsmac
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, MamaSan said:

Shocked to see TV allowing the disparaging cast to Lucky Bar in Chiang Mai.  There IS such a place and they can't be happy for such an inflammatory post!

Nice food upstairs, eaten there many times.

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I can't sleep on the hard floor, its why I moved from the village.  When I bought the bed I had it was used as a table......

Why did you move to the village in the first place?:unsure:

• Haha 1

I too frequented Lucky Bar in C Mai for years and I have known the lovely lady owner since 1989. She is a close friend and she speaks English and several European languages fluently - my first Thai wife was her best friend. (She did say it would not last - sadly she was right). A skilled businesswoman, she would probably see the funny side of what she would no doubt call "free advertising". She did say one interesting thing to me some years ago though - (we were talking about all the filth and corruption and how polluted the air in C Mai had become) and she commented that "Thailand is a throw-away country, a place just-for-fun, - as a Thai you make all your money here, then you just retire and go live some place better." The thing is though - she could have retired and left LOS many years ago, but she still lives there. Chog Dee little lady.

• Haha 1

Cute video but why are you promoting BS ?

Violence is not what you will encounter the most in Thai prisons if you keep quiet.

Only idiots who know nothing about Thai prisons could keep saying this.

I prefer 100 times to be in a filthy Thai prisons with Thai than any US or EU prisons filled with minorities that are no more minorities when in jail...