Koh Tao Punishes Tourists without masks with Push Ups

snoop1130

19 minutes ago, iamariva1957 said:

What tourists? But cute story.... though I have my doubts regarding its legality and in this heat... there is a medical concern.

legality and in this heat? A very European response, always finding an excuse for the person not complying with the law. No wonder why there are so many deaths in Europe caused by covid-19.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, luk AJ said:

Are face masks obligatory on the streets? Didn’t see this law..

yeh where is the law someone please post it on this forum most govt rules are contradictory and only advisory.

how about the BTS inside  sky train in Bkk not observing social distance how about getting them on the platform and doing push ups.

My guess is when theses guys get back home there going to post all the stupidity online and tell people don't bother going to Thailand for your next holiday just pop down to your local gym.

Also this could be the new norm on kho tao go get confessions from foreigners for murdering tourists on the island thus clearing prominent island family members thais who are the real murderers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Davedub said:

I see this kind of "punishment" highly disrespectful and as an extremely worrying indication of underlying attitude. This sort of behaviour is borne of a desire to bully. These are the actions of those who enjoy exerting power over others, playing out their own little power trip. Quite simply, this is abuse of power. Left unchecked, this sort of behaviour will inevitably escalate and should never be condoned.

Fully agree!

And on top of that it is strongly recommended NOT to wear a face-mask when exercising (if this kind of bully-punishment can be considered exercise).

• Like 1

Better then paying.  Know someone got caught with Thai gf in roadblock in Jomtien two nights ago  him no mask GF with.  Cops wanted 20 but he paid 5,000 and of course no receipt for that one.  He probably would have had to pay more if she did not assist the shakedown.

Edited by Taco
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

Better then paying.  Know someone got caught with Thai gf in roadblock in Jomtien two nights ago  him no mask GF with.  Cops wanted 20 but he paid 5,000 and of course no receipt for that one.  He probably would have had to pay more if she did not assist the shakedown.

Good way of looking at it. 

29 minutes ago, J Town said:

Civilized countries are giving masks to those who don't have one.

I know what you're saying, but there isn't exactly a shortage of masks in Thailand though is there.. 
Also, it does state in the article that  "After the exercise, the authorities gave a face mask to each person." 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kaopad999 said:

I know what you're saying, but there isn't exactly a shortage of masks in Thailand though is there.. 

If you open your eyes, and look at it from a distance ... what a way to treat people.

And here comes the good part ... you can't even say what you want to say ... because it's not allowed to say in public!

• Like 1