Not Sure I Understand This Clearly

Regie, I never had to lodge one for my wife. Read the partner migration booklet page 15, it says you may be asked, if circumstances indicate they could be high users of welfare

Now that is a contradiction, when you get the spouse visa an accompanying letter clearly states they have no access to the welfare system untill PR status is gained. There is a hardship type of benefit available but that only applies in extreme circumstances.

That figure is gross income too Regie, I wish the gov. would use the net income when calculating child support.

You should be ok Mate.

Regie, I never had to lodge one for my wife. Read the partner migration booklet page 15, it says you may be asked, if circumstances indicate they could be high users of welfare

Now that is a contradiction, when you get the spouse visa an accompanying letter clearly states they have no access to the welfare system untill PR status is gained. There is a hardship type of benefit available but that only applies in extreme circumstances.

That figure is gross income too Regie, I wish the gov. would use the net income when calculating child support.

You should be ok Mate.

I think that the welfare thing is a bit of a blind Bronco. They couldn't really knock someone back in case of genuine hardship. I can see that some day, sponsorship will be the norm up until PR is granted.

The point is Doc, I wasn't required to submit an AoS (28A), but I was required to submit a Sponsorship form (40sp), two different things, lets hope Regie only has to fill in the 40sp.

Probably poorly worded about the benefits avaiable, but it says you arn't elligible for benefits but they are available for hardship and all in the same paragraph.

Thanks Guys,

It is very poorly worded throughout, you need to be a lawyer to understand some of the wordings (maybe they can't understant too :D )

Gross income, no problems.

If I have to do the AoS, I have the money in the bank waiting.

As far as relationship proof is concerened, I reacon we will have the biggest and best they will have ever seen, I hope we get it all back afterwards.

The 888 forms, is it wise to have an additional letter of support with each one? or just use the form as it is?

The local mayor came to our first wedding in Australia, and she is happy to do that for us on Mayoral letterhead too.

Will keep you all posted of any results.

Cheers,

Reggie :o