Johnny Depp libel case: Winona Ryder and Vanessa Paradis claim actor was 'never violent' towards them

snoop1130

Johnny Depp libel case: Winona Ryder and Vanessa Paradis claim actor was 'never violent' towards them

By Ellie Harrison

23840299-312c-4cce-97f3-c234e5d916a7-GTY_1203474012_1.jpg

Google

Winona Ryder and Vanessa Paradis, who are both ex-girlfriends of Johnny Depp, have claimed the actor was “never violent” towards them.

The pair defended Depp in witness statements they gave as part of his libel claim against The Sun newspaper, after one of its articles referred to him as a “wife-beater”.

The report related to allegations made against Depp by his former wife, Amber Heard, which the actor strenuously denies.

In her witness statement, Paradis described Depp as "kind, attentive, generous and non-violent", while Ryder said she "cannot wrap [her] head around" the allegations of abuse.

Full Story: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/johnny-depp-amber-heard-sun-libel-winona-ryder-vanessa-paradis-a9513101.html

It's a terrible allegation which has no doubt damaged his stellar career.  Hard to wash the stain away, as it's very difficult to disprove.  Amber Heard did have some injuries of course, but a strong case could be made that she tried to deliberately damage Depp as publicly as possible, in more ways than just one.   Malicious actions and accusations are not uncommon in relationship breakups.

If it's not true the Sun deserves to be smashed with massive damage to compensate future loss of earnings and reputational damage.   Should be in the hundreds of millions.

Depp used to make decent films till he started to believe his press releases and made such abominations as The Lone Ranger and Into the Looking Glass.

However, despite him stealing my movie money on attrocities I don't think he hurt Amber. She comes across as a self entitled high maintenance princess and IMO she made it up.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:08 AM, Captain Monday said:

I sat next to him in uniform in Business class years ago. , How  I grew up I was instructed not to bother celebrities and it was considered gauche. He made a little small talk. Normal pleasantries.

Id reckon he is innocent.

LOL. Reminds me of when I went for a walk on the beach with a friend. Later he told me we walked past Rod Stewart and his wife of the time. He said he didn't tell me so I wouldn't bother him. I was so PO, because though I really like his music I would only have given him a wave and a "g'day" as passing.

How  I grew up I was instructed not to bother celebrities and it was considered gauche.

Wasn't a thing when I grew up, so never received any "instruction" on the matter. There were "stars" that lived in Hollywood, and the closest word to celebrity in common usage was celebration.

Oh happy days of innocence lost.

Edited by thaibeachlovers