Will Pattaya survive?

nasa123

27 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

If you hate a place, why do you even bother to read a topic about the surviving or not of this place?

hate and pointing out its failures are two different things 

you are right - if people hated the place they wouldn't live or visit here, am I missing something 

seems like you have no concept of the difference - nobody living here hates Thailand - that wouldn't make any sense and neither does your post

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, smedly said:

is it banned in their home countries 

In most of the case yes, or at least it's difficult to have

why do you think there is very few people from south america or africa

in Pattaya? Well they have already hot weather and hot women, they don't have

to bother to travel thousands of miles to find it

on the other hand in most western countries the winter is horrible

prostitutes are expansive and\or of low quality 

and most of the muslim countries do not allow to drink alcool (At least in public)

that's one of the reasons why Pattaya is so popular 

Edited by kingofthemountain

1 hour ago, brokenbone said:

its a new smaller pattaya that emerges, and i think its a good thing,

i lost interest in beer and brads anyway and get more aroused from

roads that arent constantly jammed up

Brads? I thought the default name here was Somchai!!

Not that there's anything wrong with that........

Edited by shy coconut
Additional
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

In most of the case yes, or at least it's difficult to have

why do you think there is very few people from south america or africa

in Pattaya? Well they have already hot weather and hot women, they don't have

to bother to travel thousands of miles to find it

on the other hand in most western countries the winter is horrible

prostitutes are expansive and\or of low quality 

and all the muslim coutries do not allow to drink alcool (At least in public)

that's one of the reasons why Pattaya is so popular 

In malaysia and indonesia you can drink and <deleted> to your hearts content.

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

hate and pointing out its failures are two different things 

you are right - if people hated the place they wouldn't live or visit here, am I missing something 

seems like you have no concept of the difference - nobody living here hates Thailand - that wouldn't make any sense and neither does your post

I know the difference between hate and pointing out the failures

i don't see any problem to point the problems and i am the first to do it

but i am sorry to say when i read this one it's just hate

can you see the difference?

''An abscess on the ass of humanity, I for one won't miss it.  The city attracts the worst of both Thais and foreigners.....

I might be dreaming, but a massive brothel by the shhht infested seaside hardly creates pride and respect for the area.  Speaking as a father of 2 mixed race kids.''

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ianezy0 said:

Says the Minister.

Repent your sins!

Well I m far from a "Minister" - my past was just as jaded, depraved and perverse as anyone's on here. Also my comments weren't from any religious or moral perspective.  Those assumption of Thais and foreigners were not based on whether or not they indulged in the sexual delights that Pattaya offers.  But all the crimes and so forth that have plagued the city for many years.  I lived in and around Pattaya for well over 10 years permanently, plus a few years in other parts of Thailand.  Pattaya is unique in every way possible, so too the people that it attracts.

6 minutes ago, Sujo said:

In malaysia and indonesia you can drink and <deleted> to your hearts content.

Yes try to do the same thing in Saudi arabia, or in the emirates

also for a strange reasons it seems a lot of men from Malaysia cross

the border with Thailand on a daily basis to party and have sex  

it should be something is missing in their own country?

1 hour ago, 19DL86 said:

An abscess on the ass of humanity, I for one won't miss it.  The city attracts the worst of both Thais and foreigners.  It will be a shame as many people will lose their jobs or worse their businesses.

But with the likes of this place gone and Phuket too, maybe young girls might have to find "real" work, might too encourage them in education.  Also most of all the government to creat other employment.

I might be dreaming, but a massive brothel by the shhht infested seaside hardly creates pride and respect for the area.  Speaking as a father of 2 mixed race kids.

And where did you meet your kids mother. I bet you didnt go to school with her in farangland

51 minutes ago, Silencer said:

If the sex industry is allowed to return, Pattaya will return. There is always a place for drinking in excess, sex in excess, and partying in excess. 

Yesterday for the first time a high ranked government official gave a hope

the actual culture minister (The brother of the actual Pattaya mayor) has declared

tomorrow (17 may) is phase 2 open (Malls and so on) if everything go smoothly for

2 weeks, the phase 3 can start in the begining of June, whit the opening for everything

including bars, discos, massages and so on

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/15/thai-culture-minister-and-former-pattaya-mayor-speaks-on-future-potential-re-opening-of-entertainment-venues-massage-shops-bars-etc/

If this government doesn't allow the bars to be as the same as in business same same as usual then no. And there is a control indication coming from them that everyone will be getting a buffalo nose ring soon. And if the government imposes a must to have the downloaded application and swipe the QR code before going inside of every establishment, then I for one will never step inside a go go or girlie bar again. I don't need them know that I am having a drink and having a chat with a gal.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

I am very surprised to read half of the posters on this topic

seem to hate the city and the people living here, thais and foreigners (I am one of them)

If you hate a place, why do you even bother to read a topic about the surviving or not of this place?

i do not even mention the fact that you bother to post on this topic, it doesn't make any sense imo.

I am also surprised most of you who hate the city don't even know it, and never came

here on the ground, or only for one day or two. 

How can you have a right opinion about something you don't know? Again it doesn't make any sense.

And to answer to the OP question yes Pattaya will survive

where there is a demand, there is a market

as soon as the travels restrictions are lightened, the boys will be back in town 

Well that is a right load of nonsense and a pretty poor argument.  This is a forum open to all members and all comments and opinions within reason.  Be they Pro or Con, supportive or not.  Whether someone likes the city or not, has nothing to do with why they might want to go on Pattaya Forum.  As far as living or visiting Pattaya yes that very well make a difference.

The OP does ask a rather ambiguous question to be fair.  As a city of possibly 500-600,000 population of course it will survive Cov-19.  But what might it have to adapt to, or morph into..... Who knows!?!
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, petermik said:

Your,e blacklisted on the 6...or have you conveniently forgotten...????

He is blacklisted only at the Pook bar

where the staff was unable to manage him when he started a wild strip tease

on the bar wearing only the leather boots, a pink string and a cow boy hat

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Nonsense Issan beats Pattaya hands down

Issan can compete with Pattaya regarding variety of food, anything you can get there, we can get here.

You never heard of courier delivery?

Nah, your dreaming, Pattaya Much better than Isaan for food, fresh sea food in Isaan, a choice of good meats & pies etc, etc - Decent place's to eat western food in Pattaya - many, Isaan - few, at best. (I lived 15 years in Pattaya, last 7 in Isaan)

I do prefer the weather in Isaan though, Pattaya hot and humid year round, love the winter in Isaan, cool nights and mornings ????

35 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

I know the difference between hate and pointing out the failures

i don't see any problem to point the problems and i am the first to do it

but i am sorry to say when i read this one it's just hate

can you see the difference?

the single post you quoted - does that person live here - intending to come on a future holiday - living here intending to leave 

If so it still makes your post nonsense 

There are for sure people who now hate Thailand and are intending to leave or never visit here again - they have every right to voice their reasons for doing so  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 19DL86 said:

Well that is a right load of nonsense and a pretty poor argument.  This is a forum open to all members and all comments and opinions within reason.  Be they Pro or Con, supportive or not

Well at least i try to elaborate

it's still better than your first post on the topic where you insult the entire pattaya population (Me included)

''An abscess on the ass of humanity, I for one won't miss it.  The city attracts the worst of both Thais and foreigners''

but you probably have your own reasons? Maybe a hard night or some frustrations?

Anyway i wish you a niceand safe day

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 19DL86 said:
Well I m far from a "Minister" - my past was just as jaded, depraved and perverse as anyone's on here. Also my comments weren't from any religious or moral perspective.  Those assumption of Thais and foreigners were not based on whether or not they indulged in the sexual delights that Pattaya offers.  But all the crimes and so forth that have plagued the city for many years.  I lived in and around Pattaya for well over 10 years permanently, plus a few years in other parts of Thailand.  Pattaya is unique in every way possible, so too the people that it attracts.

The ''burn today what you loved yesterday'' syndrom?

6 minutes ago, CGW said:

Nah, your dreaming, Pattaya Much better than Isaan for food, fresh sea food in Isaan, a choice of good meats & pies etc, etc - Decent place's to eat western food in Pattaya - many, Isaan - few, at best. (I lived 15 years in Pattaya, last 7 in Isaan)

I do prefer the weather in Isaan though, Pattaya hot and humid year round, love the winter in Isaan, cool nights and mornings ????

Pray tell me what pies you can get in Pattaya, that i cannot get in Issan?

I get my pies from Nookies delights, now he gets most of his stock from Pattaya, so i must disagree with you.

Now as i dont eat out, cook my own western food, not applicable.

I believe that Pattaya MAY survive, but not in the way we have always known it.

It will take quite some time before the bar scene is opened again, then there will be restrictions that will make it unattractive, for not to say impossible to operate the way it is intended.

Westerners will lose their appetite for that reason, and even more bars will shut down for that reason, so making it a vicious circle.

So it will all be up to the authorities if they can get their act together to attract a different public, and that are obviously not the Chinese or Indians.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

The ''burn today what you loved yesterday'' syndrom?

No not exactly, it's more of a case that from my first visit to Pattaya some 20-25 years back both Thailand, Pattaya (and myself and what I want) has changed.

I an not denouncing the bars sex industry nor the people who use them To me its just become a massive unfriendly dangerous place to live, I moved first to Jomtien in 2007 then later Bangsarey.  

With children both young and old boys and girls, in the evening after a nice meal in a decent restaurant, I cannt walk along Beach Road with my daughters 13 and 11.  It's mental ladyboys grabbing blokes cocks other blokes touching up girls asking how much for a S and F?

Years ago yeah it was all good fun. Come on mate that's why I baratted it so badly.  yeah it sounds funny when I write it but nah not in front of my children.

As for my comments on the far angus my God I ve met more shysters and criminals and lowlife so here than a few stints in HMP when I was a lad.

Edited by 19DL86

42 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I get my pies from Nookies delights, now he gets most of his stock from Pattaya, so i must disagree with you.

Now as i dont eat out, cook my own western food, not applicable.

apple crumble at friendship and apple pie at central big c,

...perhaps you dont eat fresh food ? i guess your pies comes frozen.

potato salad at foodland, with more variety of meats to go with it

than you can dream of in isaan,

you are totally off the mark and dont even know it

Edited by brokenbone
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

apple crumble at friendship and apple pie at central big c,

...perhaps you dont eat fresh food ? i guess your pies comes frozen.

potato salad at foodland, with more variety of meats to go with it

than you can dream of in isaan,

you are totally off the mark and dont even know it

You been drinking? What silly comments.

Potato salad, make my own.Apple crumble, make my own FRESH.

Most of the food i eat is fresh, veg fresh organic, i know because i grow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shadowofacloud said:

Well, this is where putting all your eggs in the same basket gets you... The city itself is simply ugly, the sea polluted, the beaches a sad joke. The only attraction this place had was booze and whores. And even that was starting to wear thin in recent years, with all the bright ideas to reinvent the city as a "first class family resort" and what not.

So it will definitely fail in a big and painful way, shrink and possibly reinvent itself as something much smaller, but possibly smarter in 5-10 years.

no, that is not the only attraction, its my home and i dont do either thai woman nor beer any longer, i will not voluntarily change it for an isaan <deleted>hole

6 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yes the world change and we change too, that's a fact

and Thailand and Pattaya have changed too.

But as far as i can remember at my first visit 20 years ago the hookers

were already here on beach road, and not only in the evening but all day long.

And the bars were also here in much more numbers, at least on the beach front.

Pattaya has never been the best place to go or stay for family and children, and there

are in Thailand a lot of much more better place for them.

You can also go in Paratamnak and Jomtiem, more family friendly with a less visible

bar scene and no street hookers.

Crimes happen in all the cities, i can assure you i feel much more safe here in Pattaya

than in a big city in my country (France), and it's not only a feeling but in fact i have been robbed and assaulted few times in french cities, but never in Pattaya

Yes agreed!  I have said I live here permenantly since 2005/6.  So I am aware of the alternative areas you suggest.  I lived in them all, there's still crime.  A lot of crime, maybe you don't see it or hear it as much.  I do and I know a lot of people who know of this and what's going on. So perhaps when they are telling me this is too much more information.

I ve experienced first hand the corruption here at very high levels in court cases with the police etc etc.

I ve moved a lot all around not just Thailand but all over the world. In the past few years I ve sold all my properties here, we just rent now, but still have tha family house in Udon and a small condo for holidays in Cha Am.

Thailand doesn't do it for me no more, if I weren't so old nearly 60 I d try again somewhere new.

Cheers, thanks for the conversation and allowing a difference in opinion.  Good luck and good health.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Tinnies for starters? not going to get into an argument about "pies" ???? there are a lot of "Pie" men in Pattaya and Bangkok, big customer base, catering to different tastes, nice to be able to try different produce rather than buy frozen which may or may not be good and to your taste.

There is a lot more choice in Pattaya, pies was just an example, the food I miss most from Pattaya is decent fresh seafood & Fish, simply not available in Isaan.

Quality meat is another 'iffy" sometimes you can, sometimes not in Isaan, decent choice of bread, there are a lot of small independent expat food producers in Pattaya, most you will have never have heard off, they are catering for a lot more expats than Isaan, with all the hotels and close to Bangkok, improved quality and choice to be expected.