Emirates to resume flights to Sydney and Melbourne from May 21

ezzra

I was just wondering. If no international flights are allowed to fly to Thailand except for repatriation, emergencies, etc, What are the airlines doing? Flying empty planes to take people out? I realize that they can still bring in cargo so maybe that is how they are utilizing the planes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TPUBON said:

I was just wondering. If no international flights are allowed to fly to Thailand except for repatriation, emergencies, etc, What are the airlines doing? Flying empty planes to take people out? I realize that they can still bring in cargo so maybe that is how they are utilizing the planes.

Exactly, I have same thoughts.  I believe this presents a dilemma, so really things need to open for all allowed in.  This will greatly help people get in/out, and at a reasonable price. (I hope!)

2 hours ago, TPUBON said:

Airlines have to use their dedicated arrival and departure slots. If not using them,they might lose them to other airlines. 

Edited by Max69xl

44 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Airlines have to use their dedicated arrival and departure slots. If not using them,they might lose them to other airlines. 

Europe, China and the USA suspended that requirement temporarily, and IATA requested all other members with slot restricted airports to do the same.  I don't know for sure what Thailand has done, but would expect something similar.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TPUBON said:

Yes you are right, cargo is the answer if there are one...Cargo is even packed into passenger seats if the plane flights without passenger.

But than again when demand are dwindling so will be the cargo for air and especially for sea...