Bittorrent connecting to peers

Inderpland

Does it connect if you don't use the VPN?

Are you trying to download well seeded torrents?

Have you changed your torrent software away from the default ports and turned on encryption?

EDIT If you are using a private tracker are your credentials correct and has your membership been approved?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

I've downloaded Bittorrent and have a VPN

Likely the VPN is your problem.  I have AIS, and I can tell you that with port forwarding enabled, the router won't allow peers to connect.  AIS does not give you a straight connection to the internet.  I have not put the router in bridge mode and that may solve the problem. 

46 minutes ago, Stadtler said:

Likely the VPN is your problem.  I have AIS, and I can tell you that with port forwarding enabled, the router won't allow peers to connect.  AIS does not give you a straight connection to the internet.  I have not put the router in bridge mode and that may solve the problem. 

I tried Googling what you wrote but to no avail. Could you please explain how I can get around the problem of not being able to connect to peers with VPN enabled?

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Does it connect if you don't use the VPN?

Are you trying to download well seeded torrents?

Have you changed your torrent software away from the default ports and turned on encryption?

EDIT If you are using a private tracker are your credentials correct and has your membership been approved?

The answer to the two first questions would be yes. The two last questions I'm sorry to say I don't understand but have attached a snip of the settings page for ports if that helps.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Inderpland

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

OK ports looks fine. Not sure where encryption is in that client, may on the Privacy page.

Have you checked your VPN permits torrents?

Just found the solution even if I don't completely understand it. The HMA VPN says: "Not all our servers have the ports for p2p open" but say their Frankfurt and London servers do so when I connected via frankfurt I could continue downloading even with the VPN connected.

Thanks to all you guys for your help!:thumbsup: 

• Like 2

I am a bit curious - not seeking help for illegal activity or condoning such and I'm not living in Thailand. Do the rights holders pursue people downloading illegal copies in Thailand? In my country, they do so aggressively, the same as with counterfeits in shops. However, you can easily buy counterfeits in Thai shops, so I wonder if it is different with digital copies.