The Devil Is Always In The Details - MorChana - หมอชนะ App will spy on you.

Stadtler

All this chitter-chatter in other threads about the new Thai app that allows you to visit stores is speculation and nonsense. 
I prefer facts. I did the unspeakable, I went straight to Google (link above) to see what the app has access to on your phone.

Read it and weep.  I particularly like the one that says it can listen to you with your microphone but your mileage may vary.
Which one is your favourite?

This app has access to:
BAH0TYCVcT4bH2ErsHtCEbO-1Tr5O5Hjwst6AFghZQt5pI8NkfonAsmYfnvj939aqSVtbuM81B38AB0GYQ=s20-rwDevice & app history
  • retrieve running apps
4rkEm_eN4F8lAtqf1avrqAQ49_IjMjRduxI5szmftCXmKzSaLsNScjM5DSGQp2qtI5R_fqj8j7aJi_G3dg=s20-rwLocation
  • approximate location (network-based)
  • precise location (GPS and network-based)
  • access extra location provider commands
pHtIujPWxciAZcfYSwlrGGq14Z984rKLMgcm9RPATLiOlbrWy-tVlelEWgED7gpktgcD1tZizVeHiO5fkw=s20-rwPhotos/Media/Files
  • read the contents of your USB storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
aWNKQedLTpw6u6yyMjQObmuoKu67A1czWnIcvID86oAmMT02r5mNdRn6l9ZN2t2MIyH6tNy-01v7ukeQ=s20-rwStorage
  • read the contents of your USB storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
xbP_oGuJ21iG29iVh0p-UIZPzi_fYj8PMYiqDd9-LvaZ_a1tRcwp0I2-arfXvgX9YtfZTTaqwcLRWPNQM_c=s20-rwCamera
  • take pictures and videos
daUjqbSOr2QpaqXS2HQbNzYzzqN2yWGzM_7AZxwFaWLT7_kIhX95HKi_HSpjeeQDOmFMENZxJqblbu_4qg=s20-rwMicrophone
  • record audio
U-_SG8pHTsqU_IyZTGQRkVMdLaAUeq1OnKGrB06KHF1z7vkkIQK3iF0HcbfTe1RnGlh-ajnZkbphl2W3Gdk=s20-rwWi-Fi connection information
  • view Wi-Fi connections

Other
  • receive data from Internet
  • view network connections
  • pair with Bluetooth devices
  • access Bluetooth settings
  • full network access
  • run at startup
  • draw over other apps
  • control vibration
  • prevent device from sleeping
  • Google Play license check
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nrasmussen said:

This app has nothing to do with the "Thai Chana" platform that is going to be used to visit stores.

I think you are wrong.

The application "Doctor Chana / MorChana" to help doctors, nurses, government agencies Various store operators and most importantly, help yourself To take care and protect oneself from an outbreak of Coronary Infection 2019

By application "Win Doctor / MorChana" will collect, use and disseminate necessary information. To prevent or stop the danger to your life, body or health of people around you and the public by tracking infection information. Chance or risk of infection And keep an eye on the situation of COVID-19 outbreak by providing your own information

44 minutes ago, nrasmussen said:

This app has nothing to do with the "Thai Chana" platform that is going to be used to visit stores.

14 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I thing you are wrong

You not gonna say that an expert with a truckload Cisco certifications doesn't know what he's talking about, do you?

By the way those permissions look to me as what the average app on my phone get

12 minutes ago, Stadtler said:

I always knew it was a "thing."

"I have some more information about the Thai Chana application. First thing, it is not an app, but a website. This is only for the owners of businesses to register their place and to get a QR Code. Customers then scan this with their smartphone to check in before they enter. When you check in, it will show if the shop is congested or not."  From Richard Barrow.

• Like 1

Oh my oh my .. I think Richard Barrow may be confused.

From his FB page:

I have some more information about the Thai Chana application. First thing, it is not an app, but a website. This is only for the owners of businesses to register their place and to get a QR Code. Customers then scan this with their smartphone to check in before they enter. When you check in, it will show if the shop is congested or not. You can review the shop by reporting if they follow safety measures. If any shops are considered a health hazard, the customers who were in the shop will receive an SMS notification to get free #COVID19 testing.

>>> www.thaichana.com

If this is only a website, how does the website know your phone number so it can send you a SMS message?  Hmmmm?

If you only read a QR code for information, how do they manage contacting you in the future?

Really folks, use your noggins for thinking.

Apply logic.  It will do wonders.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Stadtler said:

If this is only a website, how does the website know your phone number so it can send you a SMS message?  Hmmmm?

If you only read a QR code for information, how do they manage contacting you in the future?

Like with an app you fill in your phone number. Learn more about development.

QR code, never ordered something through line?

Edited by FritsSikkink

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Like with an app you fill in your phone number. Learn more about development.

Oh my, it seems so complicated.  It's an app. It's not an app. It's a website, it's not a website.

The confusion is delicious.  I cannot wait to see the orderly entrances to the malls tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Stadtler said:

Oh my oh my .. I think Richard Barrow may be confused.

From his FB page:

I have some more information about the Thai Chana application. First thing, it is not an app, but a website. This is only for the owners of businesses to register their place and to get a QR Code. Customers then scan this with their smartphone to check in before they enter. When you check in, it will show if the shop is congested or not. You can review the shop by reporting if they follow safety measures. If any shops are considered a health hazard, the customers who were in the shop will receive an SMS notification to get free #COVID19 testing.

>>> www.thaichana.com

web site, apparently touting what businesses must do to get started:

<a href="https://www.thaichana.com/">ไทยชนะ</a>

appaarent PDF of an instruction manual:
    <a href="https://www.xn--b3czh8ayeuf.com/manual/Manual%20%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%84%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2.pdf">Manual การลงทะเบียนสำหรับร้านค้า</a>

apparent FAQ:

<a href="https://www.thaichana.com/faq.html">ไทยชนะ</a>

all in Thai, so apparently none of this applies to foreigners, and they can just ignore it all

The Google Play web page for Thai Chana is almost identical to the Google Play web page for Mor Chana.

In Java, a "package" or directory of source code is often the Internet domain name of the software company, but backwards. The hostname "app.thaialert.com" would be reversed as a directory named "com", with a sub-directory named "thaialert", with a sub-directory of that named "app". The Google Play web page for a Thai Chana app appears to refer to such a directory. But type that into a browser as a URL and it brings up a web page titled "Morchana - หมอชนะ" on the tab's label, with the page containing just the word "Forbidden".

One of the newspaper articles tells you to go to:

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/photos/rpp.180940151929407/3204453522911373/?type=3&theater

which responds with:

Sorry, this content isn't available right now
    The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

when I'm logged in to Facebook.

I still suspect that there is a web page for companies with an ordinary web form to fill out, that SUBMITs the company's info to the government central site over the Internet, where an ID number for the company is registered in the central database, which sends back a picture file with the company's ID number encoded as a QR code. Then the company could print the picture on paper and tape it to the store window for customers to scan with the camera in their cell phone. An app installed on the customer phone, named either Mor Chana or Thai Chana, would then scan the QR code picture in the store window to get the company's ID number. The app sends the ID of the store and the customer phone number to the central government site over the Internet, to "check in." The app starts recording GPS location readings, and Bluetooth "contacts" with other customers' phones inside the store. The app "checks out" the customer when his phone's camera sees the QR code again in the store window as the customer leaves the store. The central site counts check-ins and check-outs, so there are never too many people in the store at once. So: web page and passive picture for the shop owner, Android (or Apple IOS?) app for the customer.

And maybe none of the shop owner stuff will be permitted until 6 a.m. Sunday?

Edited by dave s

4 hours ago, dave s said:

The Google Play web page for Thai Chana is almost identical to the Google Play web page for Mor Chana.

In Java, a "package" or directory of source code is often the Internet domain name of the software company, but backwards. The hostname "app.thaialert.com" would be reversed as a directory named "com", with a sub-directory named "thaialert", with a sub-directory of that named "app". The Google Play web page for a Thai Chana app appears to refer to such a directory. But type that into a browser as a URL and it brings up a web page titled "Morchana - หมอชนะ" on the tab's label, with the page containing just the word "Forbidden".

One of the newspaper articles tells you to go to:

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/photos/rpp.180940151929407/3204453522911373/?type=3&theater

which responds with:

Sorry, this content isn't available right now
    The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

when I'm logged in to Facebook.

I still suspect that there is a web page for companies with an ordinary web form to fill out, that SUBMITs the company's info to the government central site over the Internet, where an ID number for the company is registered in the central database, which sends back a picture file with the company's ID number encoded as a QR code. Then the company could print the picture on paper and tape it to the store window for customers to scan with the camera in their cell phone. An app installed on the customer phone, named either Mor Chana or Thai Chana, would then scan the QR code picture in the store window to get the company's ID number. The app sends the ID of the store and the customer phone number to the central government site over the Internet, to "check in." The app starts recording GPS location readings, and Bluetooth "contacts" with other customers' phones inside the store. The app "checks out" the customer when his phone's camera sees the QR code again in the store window as the customer leaves the store. The central site counts check-ins and check-outs, so there are never too many people in the store at once. So: web page and passive picture for the shop owner, Android (or Apple IOS?) app for the customer.

And maybe none of the shop owner stuff will be permitted until 6 a.m. Sunday?

Here some more info

EYJZXzwU8AAhbdQ.jpg