Annual Car Servicing Recommendation Pattaya

My car, a 2015 Ford Fiesta, is due it's annual service. I only do a very small mileage (15000 kms in 5 years) so don't want to pay for a Ford 75000 km service, which is due at 5 years. Any recommendations for a service centre in Pattaya that would just do a standard oil change and check up. I guess there are places like B Quik but what are they like, prices etc.

I appreciate your wish to avoid a bigger bill, but the fact is that some items on your car are "lifed" items, by age, not only mileage.  Depending on how the car has been driven and parked, (garaged/car port/ hot and wet) you run the risk of a vital item failing you if you just do a basic service, especially if the car has spent long periods of time stationary and unused, which it sounds like it may have.  It may well be false economy and reduce the life of the car and engine. It will certainly reduce its resale value. However annoying, I would get the full service done. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 2

As a compromise, the OP could download the pdf of Ford's own recommended Fiesta services where the 'lifed' items are identified by both part number and cost in Thai (and English sometimes). Use this as a guide when booking the service with Somchai the master mechanic.

https://www.ford.co.th/en/owner/maintenance/

Scroll down and click on the variant of Fiesta you have.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

????????????????Whatever you do I would avoid Ford Pattaya at all costs judging from another member on here with his ongoing problems with them... you could try the Bosch service centre at the Esso garage on Sukhumvit rd going towards Naklua... good reports about them or Autoboy at Na Jomtien ????

At only 15kkm I reckon the stuff they check, brakes etc, will be OK. B-Quik can do your oil and filter, air filter and have a gander at shocks, they like to sell shocks, but if the ride feels fine just shake your head...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

At only 15kkm I reckon the stuff they check, brakes etc, will be OK. B-Quik can do your oil and filter, air filter and have a gander at shocks, they like to sell shocks, but if the ride feels fine just shake your head...

rubber belts, seals, rubber grommets, shockers, brake pipes, hydraulic components, air-con filters of all description etc, can all be lifed items on different vehicles.  It's taking quite a risk not to change them at the appropriate time, or have them inspected according to the published servicing schedule.  

19 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

rubber belts, seals, rubber grommets, shockers, brake pipes, hydraulic components, air-con filters of all description etc, can all be lifed items on different vehicles.  It's taking quite a risk not to change them at the appropriate time, or have them inspected according to the published servicing schedule.  

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...????.....................You worry too much, even the A/C filter can be run over with a vacuum cleaner...This isn't 1965 or a Rolls.......????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...????.....................You worry too much, even the A/C filter can be run over with a vacuum cleaner...This isn't 1965 or a Rolls.......????

okay 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, petermik said:

????????????????Whatever you do I would avoid Ford Pattaya at all costs judging from another member on here with his ongoing problems with them... you could try the Bosch service centre at the Esso garage on Sukhumvit rd going towards Naklua... good reports about them or Autoboy at Na Jomtien ????

Actually maybe you shouldn't judge from what one member says, and tell people to avoid!!

I have been using FORD Pattaya every 6 months for 3 years. Found them to be very good.  Bookings are easy to make, they even call to confirm. You can watch the mechanics doing the service through the waiting room window. Two warranty issues I've had, have been fixed immediately.

I believe Ford Pattaya did not have a good reputation a few years ago, but they have definitely upped their game.

16 hours ago, thainet said:

Actually maybe you shouldn't judge from what one member says, and tell people to avoid!!

I have been using FORD Pattaya every 6 months for 3 years. Found them to be very good.  Bookings are easy to make, they even call to confirm. You can watch the mechanics doing the service through the waiting room window. Two warranty issues I've had, have been fixed immediately.

I believe Ford Pattaya did not have a good reputation a few years ago, but they have definitely upped their game.

Yes i bought the car from Ford Pattaya and have had 5 services there (to keep my warranty). They have been fine every time. If i was going to keep up Ford services i would go back there.