At The Pizza Company. Whaddaya Mean That Doesn't Smell Like Pee?

cmsoulbrother

The kids dragged me reluctantly into The Pizza Company today. Not my favorite place, but I guess I could get down with some greasy pizza action.

We were seated in our cheerful red booth and as we perused the menus I caught a whiff of something that did not smell of melted cheese or tomato sauce.

It smelled like pee.

An exploratory sniff-around led me to the source of the odor, the floor beside the table, and confirmed--with it urinolicious aroma--that there was in fact a stanky old pee-pee coating the floor by my feet.

Having two children under three, I'm both somewhat of an expert on public pee puddles, and fairly non plussed by the situations they create. Nevertheless; we decided that our lunch might be more enjoyable at another table, and called the waitress over to explain the problem.

She denied it.

I encouraged her to get her nose into the region, but she explained that the smell was probably just cockroach shit, and it was nothing to worry about.

That caught me off guard.

Now I'm PRETTY SURE about what I was smelling, but It's hard to argue the finer points between the two odors. We eventually just asked if--even though it was only cockroach shit--we could move tables.

Maybe the Pizza Company trains their employees to speak with full honesty and disclosure, but I think I would have preferred to remain in the dark about that one.

Back on the thread topic:

By Rob Taylor

Reuters

Updated: 11:12 p.m. ET April 17, 2007

CANBERRA - Breathing air provided by algae watered with recycled urine, and pedalling a bike for electricity, an Australian aquanaut emerged on Wednesday after 13 days living underwater in a "biosub".

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18163897/

:o