Beaches and islands open yet?

HashBrownHarry

Beaches have never been closed in krabi,,islands and all tourist attractions are closed,Ao Nang is deserted very very few people and not many places open a lot of rain lately.a few restaurants open ,cannot sell alcohol in any restaurants,all bars shut, cannot gather in big groups on the beach,a lot of restaurants only doing takeaway.

cant see anything changing before the end of month,there is no holiday vibe/atmosphere in the area,masks need to worn.......sorry I’m not selling the place better to ya.

i don’t think there is any incoming flights into the airport.

Edited by taninthai

11 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Beaches have never been closed in krabi,,islands and all tourist attractions are closed,Ao Nang is deserted very very few people and not many places open a lot of rain lately.a few restaurants open ,cannot sell alcohol in any restaurants,all bars shut, cannot gather in big groups on the beach,a lot of restaurants only doing takeaway.

Hmmm, not what i wanted to hear....

Are their plans to open up beaches and tourist attractions 1st June?

Thx for the info, i assume you're down there?

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Hmmm, not what i wanted to hear....

Are their plans to open up beaches and tourist attractions 1st June?

Thx for the info, i assume you're down there?

No info on when opening up,,,,,all local beaches are open but cannot go out to the islands.

they just opened up department stores today,homepro,big C etc etc,,,so shopping is about all you can do.

yes I stay down here,,,,waiting to ride my bike up to hua hin myself????

2 hours ago, taninthai said:

No info on when opening up,,,,,all local beaches are open but cannot go out to the islands.

they just opened up department stores today,homepro,big C etc etc,,,so shopping is about all you can do.

yes I stay down here,,,,waiting to ride my bike up to hua hin myself????

Thx.

I was planning on going to Ao Nang 5-9th June but completely pointless if the islands and tourist spots are closed.

Plan after that was to ride back to central Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

Hotels were closed until 1st June originally....I contacted one yesterday and reply was "sorry not have government letter yet" so I,m guessing it will now be 1st July,pity as I had a booking for the 19th in Ao Nang :sad:

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Hotels were closed until 1st June originally....I contacted one yesterday and reply was "sorry not have government letter yet" so I,m guessing it will now be 1st July,pity as I had a booking for the 19th in Ao Nang :sad:

not 1st June?