National Security Council recommends extending emergency decree

webfact

2 hours ago, randy723 said:

These people just have to try and show their power. there are many farangs wanting to leave here and NEVER come back because of this useless lockdown

Im an American trying to get back in so I can be with my wife in Buriram!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

They are enjoying the control too much. Line up for this, line up for that, typical military mindset!

And if you don't wear your mask - 20 push ups in Koh Tao!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Not forgetting the millions of unemployed people, Thai people. 

No government money flowing, and starving in their own country villages.

This is the real Thailand. 

But I suppose the peaceful nights sleep of tourists and others who chose to live in the hotspots, outweighs this?

Get real nobody’s starving in country villages...if so give me some proof and i will change my mind food is being distributed and help given if needed. 

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Why is it politicizing to many very touchy people here! You dont like the comment keep on movin!

"my state of Massachusetts is a RINO state Gov Charlie Baker runs it dont forget that name."

Totally off topic! I (and probably many others) haven't a clue what a RINO state is (Is it something to do with an African Wildlife Reserve?) And "Gov Charlie Baker" is not very likely to be doing anything to affect the Emergency Decree in Thailand!

13 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Im an American trying to get back in so I can be with my wife in Buriram!

Me too. Still trying to get in.

My wife also stranded in a Buriram lockdown. 

And no government support given so far.

I'm Australian so possibility of a much better chance once Thai airways gets it's flying breif issued.

6 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

By all means keep a state of emergency, but attach some logic to it. Places selling alcohol are closed, but those selling coffee can open. Restaurants in office blocks open, those on the street closed.
What is the rationale behind this ? Oh, I forgot, we are in Thailand, I withdraw my questions.

I was up in Khampaeng Phet city today and apart from the stupid log in and track which I ignored, just about everywhere was open. The food court was open but the stall I normally go too was closed. KFC was open but only for takeaway. 

I really can't get my head around how difficult they seem to make the easiest of things.

OTH I did my 90 day report this morning, in and out in 5 minutes no hassle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silent Number said:

Get real nobody’s starving in country villages...if so give me some proof and i will change my mind food is being distributed and help given if needed. 

No it's not .

You have or someone similar made this point before. 

Chiang mai maybe. 

Nangrong Buriram no.

I'm personally supporting my partner, her sister, daughter,  daughter in law,  child.

And anyone else who wants to drop in for a feed or company. 

NO food Bank here.

Even her son in the army at Petchabun is not getting paid. 

They direct the salary to other places. 

So assistance packages being sent. 

And no 5000 handouts. 

Maybe I see a different part of Thailand than you?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Me too. Still trying to get in.

My wife also stranded in a Buriram lockdown. 

And no government support given so far.

I'm Australian so possibility of a much better chance once Thai airways gets it's flying breif issued.

She’s your wife man maybe you should support her. Just an observation 

I read yesterday was over a hundred thousand new cases in the world the highest of any date yet.  But most of you guys want to get back to your life I don't know how you can be so stupid.  

The world is not going to be traveling to Thailand maybe a few select countries who have kept control and have very low numbers like Thailand. 

Thailand knows they must have low to no cases and no second round or the tourist industry is dead for an extra year two.  

Edited by Elkski

This is not a job for the National Security Council. It is not a National Security issue. It is a health issue and an economic issue. The only thing the security council is going to so is recommend more security. But since the army is in charge Security is the only thing they know about.

The main advisory committee should be The National Health and Economic Sustainability council.

You don't want to be in country where the army is in charge in a health and economic crisis!!  That is for sure.

I understand that those old generals are well into the age bracket where they can die of this, despite the boot polish in the hair. But they need to think of the future of the country.

Edited by Ketyo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mehrdad said:

People need work !!! ? 
this is Covid-19 conditions and not set to my viewpoint!!! 
COVID-19 have a very bad thing for world but we find something good also in control this problem 

Now world is slower than before and better 

what’s your problem? 

Well the quick and very simple answer is that people NEED to work. If they work then they get paid and can afford to eat, (so can their family) and pay some bills and loans off.

From your post I deduce that you have money, food, accommodation and no problems feeding yourself and your family and no bills.

In other words, pull up the ladder Jack, I'm all right. Or to put it another way, you don't seem to care about anybody else. Perhaps one day in your life you will be in their position of needing help and nobody will care about you either.

I think you not understand anything ! COVID-19 had dangerous for some old guy more and more ! 
you worry work people ???

this is government job for take care people in state of emergency ..
you want people go work and how can control covid??? 

Do you not believe the government when the PM says it is all under control?

BTW the more people that go to work means that less people need government help so the government does not need to borrow so much money to help people.

Tax revenue will rise and again the government does not need to borrow so much money to help people.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

No it's not .

You have or someone similar made this point before. 

Chiang mai maybe. 

Nangrong Buriram no.

I'm personally supporting my partner, her sister, daughter,  daughter in law,  child.

And anyone else who wants to drop in for a feed or company. 

NO food Bank here.

Even her son in the army at Petchabun is not getting paid. 

They direct the salary to other places. 

So assistance packages being sent. 

And no 5000 handouts. 

Maybe I see a different part of Thailand than you?

Well I live here in rural Thailand and people in need  get food distributed by the Moo boss ...Phu yai Baan

2 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I read yesterday was over a hundred thousand new cases in the world the highest of any date yet.  But most of you guys want to get back to your life I don't know how you can be so stupid

you need to drill down a bit; the number of cases in most countries is in decline, where they are increasing are usa, brazil and russia, no real surprise as all countries that have been slow to react or have been/are in denial

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdUOA?Si

the world has to get moving again, albeit in a controlled and safe way, or economic catastrophe will almost certainly ensue

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mehrdad said:

People need work !!! ? 
COVID-19 have a very bad thing for world but we find something good also in control this problem 

what’s your problem? 

The world is better?

Well...that is a very unique POV!

• Like 2

I suggest you go out from this forum and you are lucky for stay in thai in COVID Time 

because if you stay in your English language country maybe go already another world with covid ! 
so thai is safer for you ! 

You obviously have no clue, what you are talking about!

That is one thing, we have in common!

We both don't know, what you are talking about!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Give it a rest! 

Do you think no other country currently has an extended emergency decree in place?

Are you familiar with the emergency created by the Covid 19 pandemic?

Or perhaps you'd rather be living in one of those wonderful Western democracies that have handled this pandemic so well?

You mean the ones, where testing is widely done and available, so you don't get fantasy numbers?

Those countries, that don't ley 30% of their population starve to death?

Those countries?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mehrdad said:

People need work !!! ? 

what’s your problem? 

'is name's Jack, but he's alriiiiiight...

The only benefit this has is screwing the economy more.

Implement quarantine means, strong penalties for breaching them, app based tracking on Smartphones...medical screening before people come like it was before, and dont allow Americans or Russians in.

This is such a senseless measure. Think the country can go on like this?