Ipod Connection

I know that this is not the perfect set up for using your iPod in your car but this one is convenient if you don't have a hard wired connection. This latest FM broadcaster from Griffin broadcasts nicely to my radio even when the iPod is in my shirt pocket or in the glove box.

I know that this is not the perfect set up for using your iPod in your car but this one is convenient if you don't have a hard wired connection. This latest FM broadcaster from Griffin broadcasts nicely to my radio even when the iPod is in my shirt pocket or in the glove box.

I found that whatever frequency I used I got lots of interference from other radio stations.

Hard wired solutions seem to be the best.

Cheers

Yeah - radio waves are very busy here - so have had a hard time with interference too. Also; the "best" frequence seem to change occasionally even when driving in the same areas as usual.

I bought a simple transmitter w. MP3 player from Pantip that fits in the cig. lighter plug and accepts USB sticks so do not even need the Ipod.

Cheers!

Guys, what are you talking about?

iPod works at 87.9 Mhz....mostly when the car is not moving.

Just another rubbish that the clunkiest invention (Blue Tooth) has brought upon the market.

Little wonder that mobile phones are wireless but their earphones are still wired.

IMO, that's the state of the technology today.

I found that whatever frequency I used I got lots of interference from other radio stations.

Hard wired solutions seem to be the best.

Cheers

Yes, you are right. With this new one I can use 87.9 which is fairly clean. I tested it today while I was driving around Bangkok....there was a tiny bit of bleed between songs but on the whole it was OK. The plus is that it is very convenient. I bought it today at Siam Discover...there is a iShop there.

I am sure that if I unscrew my outside antenna the reception via the iPod will be almost perfect....but, that is too much of a pain.

I use the Road Trip (which also has an ipod charger function) and find that when I lower the exterior antenna I get zero interference.

I picked mine up in the Apple shop on the 4th floor of Fortune for 4000 Baht, last year.

I have the same one and a couple of others.

Maybe my problem has been my aerials electrically deploy as soon as the radio is switched on.

Cheers

I use the Road Trip (which also has an ipod charger function) and find that when I lower the exterior antenna I get zero interference.

I picked mine up in the Apple shop on the 4th floor of Fortune for 4000 Baht, last year.

When I unscrewed the aerial I had zero interference....it was like listening to a CD.

When I unscrewed the aerial I had zero interference....it was like listening to a CD.

I could only get it working (87.9 Mhz) when the car is not moving. And (rentacar) did not have any visible external antenna, coud not lower it.

I usually use that casette-tape trick and plug the iPod into it (if a car happens to have tape slot).

I paid 800 Baht for mine. I bought in shop just when you enter Pantip. There was a 900 Baht version with a remote control too - but my lighter plug is right next to me so no need - also it is bigger. One can chose between several frequences - and I have now found a better choice (do not remember which - there are 7 frequencies to chose from - and one can change in between as you please). A USB stick plugs straight into it - and it also have the normal head phone style plug one can use for "hard wired" connection to other players such as Ipod or other MP3 players.

It is so cool to just drag and drop mp3 format songs straight into USB stick from anywhere - no problem with softwares Etc. so even if friend do not have Itunes/Ipod(with own compression format) this mp3 player gets the job done. One can just drag and drop any mp3 songs onto your key chain USB stick.

Even had friend parked next to me - tuning into my "radio station" listening to my music from his stereo too. Will have to test that in traffic! :o

Cheers!

I bought one from Pantip on Friday. Pretty good if you just want to listen to music. Doesn't allow for a memory stick to be plugged in but has 1gb onboard. The only problem for me, and it's a big one, is that I download news/entertainment talk show type of podcasts and the problem with my version (Car MP3 in a silver/blue box) is that there's no pause facility. I start to listen to a show when I leave home to take my girls to school and after dropping them off and getting back into the car the podcast starts again and there's no way to skip through to were I was when I stopped the car. Something to watch out for when selecting your MP3 player if you intend to listen to 'shows' rather than just music.

I bought the Griffin FM broadcaster while on a visit to the U.S. I found the product to be junk. I spent $40.00 or whatever it was, for something that now sits in a drawer.

I found that for me, the very best (and cheapest) solution was the Sony tape cassette adapter. This will send your signal from the Ipod to the car stereo.

Jim

:o