Any shops in Bangkok that can I stay aRAM on a Mac mini

genobkk

I am thinking about buying a Mac Mini, maybe a Haden Canyon. Perhaps just a normal desktop or PC    I was wondering if any computer  shops in Bangkok could instal RAM  for the Mac Mini?  My experience before was that most computer shops won’t touch anything from Apple but installing RAM is simple.  I wanted to do this to save some cash.  The RAM on the Apple site while picking your system is very expensive. I wanted to get the i7 CPU and 512 of strange. Installing my own RAM would save a lot.  I could take the money I save and add an eGPU later   I m also looking at other options like the Haden Canyon or just buy a normal laptop or desktop.  The idea of using my own monitor and the small forum factor has me leaning towards the Mac mini if I can save some cash on upgrading the RAM. I need at least 16gb but 32 would be great, I could even max it out to 64 bb but that might be over Kill.  I would not mind a pc desk top with AMD Ryzon 3600 or maybe the 7 CPU series but other then building it my self I don’t see any desktops with newer AMD chips.  Ok I am rambling and off topic. Let me know ideas and if any shops at fortune town would install RAM in the Mac mini.  I could do it my self but my eyes are not so good. Afraid I may break some pins or something. 

Edited by genobkk

"I don’t see any desktops with newer AMD chips" 

Was also looking for the   3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™  believe it has only just come out and did not find any or for that matter the new B550 Motherboard,  plenty of B450 that state 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen ready..

guess a couple of months will be here

12 hours ago, ignis said:

"I don’t see any desktops with newer AMD chips" 

Was also looking for the   3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™  believe it has only just come out and did not find any or for that matter the new B550 Motherboard,  plenty of B450 that state 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen ready..

guess a couple of months will be here

I have saw a few being sold on Facebook buy and sale groups but even those  have mostly the old AMD 2600 chips  I like the idea of the Mac Mini   I think the desktop version of the i7 cpu would preform better then the laptop CPU in the Intel Hades Canyon, it has that integrated AMD graphics built right on the chip but the Mac Muni really lacks any on board graphics.   Anyway if I found a shop to upgrade the Mac mini RAM instead of paying apples RAM price I may consider going that route.   If I found a desktop with new AMD chips especially in the 7 catagories I would jump on that.  

Edited by genobkk