Green Moldy Looking Stuff

Rainmaker

Ive got a Vinyl pool and after the heavey rains the pool water went green, Ive managed to sort that out with Shock Chlorine and adjusting the PH levels, since then I started to get what looks like green mould on the walls of the pool. yuk

Does anyone know what it is and how to clear it?

also does anyone know if theres a pool company that sells chemicals that can be delivered?

Edited by Rainmaker

I have had something similar in the past when the chlorine level has been down. I just brush the side of the pool until it's gone. If your chlorine level is OK, it should stay clear.

As regards delivery of chemicals; I would think most pool shops would deliver to your door for a small charge but it obviously depends where you live!

Yes it is algae. Rainwater disrupts the water balance, depending on what it brings with it.

What has happened is that there are some areas that do not get enough circulation in the pool. By brushing the walls and floor you dislodge the algae and stir up the water. You will find that you will need some more chlorine than normal, also keep checking the pH as it will also need more attention than normel.

If the algae continues to return you may have some other concerns, such as some fertalizer getting washed into the water. This can be anoying to fix.