Online education biz, anyone is interested in that? Please contact me to start planning

We have traditional trading centers in China.  Now we are interested in online eduction business with an initial focus on teaching English, Chinese and other asian languages in SE Asia.  Anyone here likes the idea or is interested in working together, please feel free to contact me.

Currently, I am stuck in Rayong due to the corona virus and is like to stay here for months.  Look forward to meet and explore if you are similarly minder.

Cheers.  John

• Sad 1

Funny. After my last stay in Thailand (summer 2019) I contemplated doing the same thing, but on a smaller scale:

Giving online English classes to middle and upper class Thai pupils and maybe even adults, for a reasonable fee. I was thinking about doing it via skype or something similar, in order to be able to use visual aids and such, as well as (not sure how to phrase it correctly, in English) showing the student in question how to move their mouth, for certain sounds.

However I found that the Thai government doesn't look too kindly about that sort of digital enterprise. This of course wouldn't bother me much, if I had no plans of ever returning to Thailand, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Depending on what exactly your business model is, what the payment-scheme looks like, and whether the whole thing is legal or not, I might be interested.

Just as a heads up: I neither have a degree in English literature, nor a teaching degree. In fact, I don't have any degree at all. That being said, I am confident I am far better suited to teaching English to Thais (up to a certain level, that is), than many of the other foreign (esp. Chinese, Philippino, and even some of the native speaking "teachers" schools employ) teachers at Thai schools, not to mention than the majority of Thai teachers.

Feel free to PM me. Or not. Up to you, same same.

6 hours ago, faraday said:

Ok, great.

????

Oh <deleted>. That's what I get for just skimming the first couple of sentences, hitting the reply button, typing up a reply, scrolling to read the prev. comments, and only THEN reading the whole OP. Could have saved myself a minute there.

@OP aka "JohnBZ" (moar liek "JohnBS", amirite?): Maybe you can be my first customer? I suggest we start with proof reading, which is essential in non-oral conversations as it is, not to mention in business correspondence. How does 20 Euro/hour (full hour, not school "hour" aka 50 minutes) sound to you, John? ????

Edited by FarangULong
fixed typo

5 hours ago, FarangULong said:

Funny. After my last stay in Thailand (summer 2019) I contemplated doing the same thing, but on a smaller scale:

Giving online English classes to middle and upper class Thai pupils and maybe even adults, for a reasonable fee. I was thinking about doing it via skype or something similar, in order to be able to use visual aids and such, as well as (not sure how to phrase it correctly, in English) showing the student in question how to move their mouth, for certain sounds.

However I found that the Thai government doesn't look too kindly about that sort of digital enterprise. This of course wouldn't bother me much, if I had no plans of ever returning to Thailand, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Depending on what exactly your business model is, what the payment-scheme looks like, and whether the whole thing is legal or not, I might be interested.

Just as a heads up: I neither have a degree in English literature, nor a teaching degree. In fact, I don't have any degree at all. That being said, I am confident I am far better suited to teaching English to Thais (up to a certain level, that is), than many of the other foreign (esp. Chinese, Philippino, and even some of the native speaking "teachers" schools employ) teachers at Thai schools, not to mention than the majority of Thai teachers.

Feel free to PM me. Or not. Up to you, same same.

IT IS GOOD YOU BROUGHT up the legal issue of working in Thailand.  I understand that teaching Thai student might be a problem if you do not have a work permit for Thailand.  But if you teach students outside Thailand, is that still a problem with the Thai authority?

• Sad 1