Offloading a car to a dealer?

I have Mazda 2 bought in 2013, top spec, cost Bt707,000.00 It's had one moderate accident, front side, that got fully repaired (as far as I can see) That aside, it looks almost as good as new still. 

Thinking of getting rid, but to advertise it and go through all that process of 'interested' parties coming to view etc, just seems like hard work.

So I'm thinking of seeing if a dealer/garage will take it. 

Would anyone like to guess how much I might get for it? And generally speaking, how much less would you one typically get from a dealer compared to a private sale?

Thanks for any help. 

Edited by Keyser Soze666

8 minutes ago, northsouthdevide said:

Take it to Quick and ask how much they will give you for it, then surf some car sale sites and see what your model is going for. 

Usually, used car sales are quite buoyant here in Thailand, but I guess everything is up in the air at the moment. 

Yep, not a great time. Is Quick the best place to go, it's a rental joint, right?

Edited by Keyser Soze666

There are many used car "tents" where there are multiple dealers in one place, and areas where there are many dealers in close proximity to each other. Probably best to try a few and see what they offer. Just like in other countries, you'll get less than if you sold it yourself, but it's a lot less hassle to sell it to one of the dealers where they take care of everything. As others have said, the car market is pretty much dead right now. I have no idea what it's worth at a dealer, but I think 200,000 is at the very high end of what you might be offered.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, petermik said:

If the price is right anything will sell quite easily....problem though is the difference between what the seller is asking and the buyer is prepared to pay :thumbsup:

Of course you are right,

But Baht sold attracts a lot of private guys looking for a good deal for themselves, whereas the tents are looking to sell on so will offer very poor deals.

I have some experience in this.  The dealer will spot the repair job immediately, it will impact the price.  Whether by line group or whatever, you can guarantee that every dealer in the area will be told what was offered and nobody will offer you more than the initial offer.

• Like 1

Just as an example I had a 2016 Toyota Prius which I sold to a private party for 450,000. The Toyota dealer dealer offered me 300,000. Better to try and sell it outright. A little more hassle but 125,000 is a fair amount of money.  Good luck.

I had an Isuzu DMax that I sold two years ago. Went to two dealers, one independent, one a Toyota Sure lot. Both offered me ฿400,000. Good enough for me. I set the price at ฿450,000 and kept asking around. A golfing buddy bought it for 440,000.

Spend a few hours, not days, collecting offers for your car, and checking prices of similar cars on lots. Price between what they're offering you and what they're selling for on the lot. 

What are you replacing it with?