1st of July.. Travel from South Korea/Vietnam to Thailand

Hey guys. Everybody knows Thailand is probably not going to open up to countries in Europe on the 1st of july. (Im from the Netherlands) 

However, it might open up to Korea / vietnam / japan.

What do you guys think... Could it be a possibility to travel to one of these countries, go into quarantine then travel to Thailand and go into quarantine again?

Or do you think they will just look at your passport, and you're only allowed in, if you are a Korean/Vietnamese/japanese passport holder?

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

Its really hard to say...

Some counties have used one of two different standards..  that being; a) anyone who has BEEN to/through X, Y or Z countries -- or what I call the "proximity" standard... and b) anyone who holds a PASSPORT of X, Y or Z countries -- or what I call the "nationality" standard.

The problem or risk here is that they might use the nationality standard... or they might use BOTH...  So it might turn out that you are in Vietnam with the the idea that when/if VN is granted entry ability to TH, but when the rules come out, that the new relaxed rules only apply to nationals of VN... that means you're not eligible...

So, to me, there's a risk and it's hard to know what they'll use.. I might suggest you go back to their previous rules and see if they've shown a past practice of using one standard over another... of course, past practice is no guarantee of future actions, but I do think it gives some insight.

Some countrys don't give a stamp in your passport anymore, like Hong Kong, but of course they can see where you come from in originally, in your case the Netherlands.

It is wat the people have already mentioned above, you'll never know.

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

but of course they can see where you come from in originally,

I wouldn't risk it but I don't think that is correct. Possibly if you had just arrived in Vietnam and went straight on to Thailand but if there is some time between the flights - I doubt it. I'm not sure if trips are recorded in the chip in your passport but if they are, I doubt that information is available to all countries without a special request.

In the UK we have data protection which limits access to your personal information. That information is not normally available to other countries - especially those that don't also have robust data protection laws.

Edited by KhaoYai

5 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I wouldn't risk it but I don't think that is correct. Possibly if you had just arrived in Vietnam and went straight on to Thailand but if there is some time between the flights - I doubt it. I'm not sure if trips are recorded in the chip in your passport but if they are, I doubt that information is available to all countries without a special request.

In the UK we have data protection which limits access to your personal information. That information is not normally available to other countries - especially those that don't also have robust data protection laws.

Well, my own experience half March confirms what I say, I stay in Hong Kong, like to fly back to LOS but the flight was cancelled by Thai, only Thai where allowed to boarding that plane.

A foreigner only with medical certificate, but the hospital in HK refused to give.

We found a flight from HK to KL the same day, the next morning we where allowed with Air Asia to flight to Thailand.

No problems at immigrations.

33 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Well, my own experience half March confirms what I say, I stay in Hong Kong, like to fly back to LOS but the flight was cancelled by Thai, only Thai where allowed to boarding that plane.

A foreigner only with medical certificate, but the hospital in HK refused to give.

We found a flight from HK to KL the same day, the next morning we where allowed with Air Asia to flight to Thailand.

No problems at immigrations.

Lucky

• Thanks 1