Tourist visa amnesty

What happens 01 July when the tourist visa amnesty expires. Will it be extended? Or do I need to visit immigration for an extension. If yes, how long will extension be? Am planning on returning to Australia Aug/Sep. Just need a few more weeks.

Or do I do a border run at Chiang Khan. Which my last visit was a terrible experience as the officers were focusing on Loatians. They paid the officers to complete their forms. Hence farangs were at the back of the queue. 

It is unknown if the amnesty will be extended or not.

If you qualified for an extension you could apply for one. It may be possible to apply for a special 30 day extension with a letter from your embassy requesting it.

If the borders are open in July they will expect people to leave and re-enter the country prior to July 31st.

6 hours ago, happyaussie said:

What happens 01 July when the tourist visa amnesty expires.

Please try to keep up with the news. The amnesty runs until July 31st at the moment, so there's not much point in worrying about it at the moment.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you qualified for an extension you could apply for one. It may be possible to apply for a special 30 day extension with a letter from your embassy requesting it.

If the borders are open in July they will expect people to leave and re-enter the country prior to July 31st.

Thanks for advice. Reply from embassy. 

The Thai Government has extended all visas for foreigners until 31 July. This would apply to all visa types, including visa on arrival. Given this, the Australian Embassy will no longer issue letters to support visa extension requests. If you have any questions about automatic visa extension, or about your own personal visa circumstances, please direct them to the Thai Immigration Authorities; Hotline 1178 or www.immigration.go.th.

23 minutes ago, happyaussie said:

Thanks for advice. Reply from embassy. 

That is for now. Wait until it is announced that the amnesty will not be extended again and ask them about it again.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what happens with the 90 day report. I came to Thailand in November so am now way over the 90 days. I am sick of the problems with on line reporting. 

Will I get 90 days from July 31st? Or do I have to do the 90 before July 31st? 

7 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Does anyone know what happens with the 90 day report. I came to Thailand in November so am now way over the 90 days. I am sick of the problems with on line reporting. 

Did my 90 day at jomtien today just walked in as usual got a ticket 2nd in line  and out the door

12 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

At this time 90 day reports of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country are not due until after July 31st.

You should of done one in February.

On 6/12/2020 at 12:27 PM, ubonjoe said:

What do people think is the likelihood in percentage terms that borders will be open in July? My guess would be 1-2% likely.

On 6/13/2020 at 6:30 AM, Dart12 said:

curious if it wil be easy to get 30 day extenstion I had left prior to amnesty on July 30.  

Please post if you find out the answer.  I will do the same.

Cheers!

Interested in knowing what will happen with this too.

Will you be able to go on 31.July and get the 30 day extensions?

On 6/13/2020 at 6:30 AM, Dart12 said:

curious if it wil be easy to get 30 day extenstion I had left prior to amnesty on July 30.  

You should be able to apply for the 30 day extension if you did not apply for one before.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Would it be possible to get an extension on 90 day permission to stay (NON-O ME good until March 2021, current 90 day stamp expires 16 June) on 31 July if amnesty is not extended?

If married to or the parent of a Thai you could apply for a 60 day extension or a one year extension of stay.

There is no other extensions possible for non immigrant visa entry other than possibley a 30 day special extension with a letter from your embassy.

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If married to or the parent of a Thai you could apply for a 60 day extension or a one year extension of stay.

There is no other extensions possible for non immigrant visa entry other than possibley a 30 day special extension with a letter from your embassy.

Thanks for reply. What I’m hoping is that they’ll give a 60 day extension from the end of amnesty date; this is what I’m hoping to get clarified.

34 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Thanks for reply. What I’m hoping is that they’ll give a 60 day extension from the end of amnesty date; this is what I’m hoping to get clarified.

It should not be a problem to apply for one unless you have gotten one since your last entry to the country.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It should not be a problem to apply for one unless you have gotten one since your last entry to the country.

So, I should be able to get 60 day extension starting 31 July even though my present 90 day permission of stay expires 16 June... that’s a massive relief, gives me a couple of months more to straighten things out.  Cheers Joe.

On 6/12/2020 at 6:17 AM, sometime said:

Did my 90 day at jomtien today just walked in as usual got a ticket 2nd in line  and out the door

Usually my agents do the 90-day and TM30 reporting but due to no traffic at Jomtian IO reported by many, decided to do my TM-30 (after one month of moving to my daughter's mother's new condo that she bought during the pandemic crisis at a bargain basement price) to see what is the big hoopla about TM30 and also save a few measly hundreds in agent fees. Armed with the TM 30 form, a self written one page lease contract from signed by my daughter's mother (the condo belongs ot her) and her Thai ID, went to Jomtian office. Done in 5 munites. Not even a queue. 

Thinking of doing the same for 90-day report and save a few bucks in agent fees before the month expires. My original 90-day reported was in May and well past the due date. 

On 6/12/2020 at 7:44 PM, rocketdave said:

I just did my 90 day report, no sweat.

What's going to happen July 1 at immigration, total chaos what else?

Why would here be? Amnesty is granted until the 31st.

Edited by n00dle

On 6/14/2020 at 4:06 PM, lemonjelly said:

So, I should be able to get 60 day extension starting 31 July even though my present 90 day permission of stay expires 16 June... that’s a massive relief, gives me a couple of months more to straighten things out.  Cheers Joe.

Question is what date will they start counting from?

- 2 months from June 16?
or
- 2 months from July 31?

I hate to kill your happiness but it's something to keep in mind (me too).