Thailand’s 127 national parks to reopen on July 1st

snoop1130

Thailand’s 127 national parks to reopen on July 1st

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijM8HB1g23WwJvV0rgFDrtOnJmUG0a.jpg

Many of Thailand’s 127 national parks are to reopen, either fully or partially, as of July 1st, after three months of closure.

Mr. Jongklai Worapongsathorn, deputy director-general of the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation, said today (Friday) that 64 parks, including Khao Yai in the northeastern province of Nakhon Ratchasima, will be fully reopened and 63 others will partially reopen, while 28 will remain closed.

He said that visits to the parks will not be the same as before, because the number of visitors to each park will be limited and some areas of parks may be closed. Visitors may also have to make advance bookings to visit.

Minister of Natural Resources and Environment, Woravuth Silpa-archa, earlier warned that park authorities would close a park if it is discovered that an animal has died due to human activity or if there is a garbage problem.

Mr. Jongklai said that the department was in the process of collecting information from each park chief about the appropriate number of visitors, to avoid congestion and cause the least impact on wildlife.

Visitors will be required to scan the Thai Chana QT code, which enable park officials to keep track of the number of visitors.

Among the parks which will fully reopen are Khao Yai, Tap Larn, Pang Sida, Chang Islands, Pliew waterfall, Sam Roi Yod, Ang Thong islands, Koh Pha-ngan, Khao Luang and Phang-nga Bay.

Partially opened parks include Krachan, Tham Luang-Khun Nam Nang Non, Phu Hin Rongkla, Phu Soi Dao, Lanta islands, Phra Viharn ruins and Doi Phu Kha.

Parks to remain closed until further notice are Phi-Phi islands, Tarutao, Taley Bun, Khao Lak, Budo Mountains and Phu Kradoeng among others.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-127-national-parks-to-reopen-on-july-1st/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-06-12

• Like 1

7 hours ago, George Aylesham said:

Good news but, I like many other foreign visitors, will only visit the national parks if the discriminatory entry fee is removed.

Ditto. This applies even when someone, such as a Thai person accompanying me, offers to pay for me.

However, I do visit the national parks which have free entry or where one can sneak past the office and not pay (this applies to several lesser known parks in places like Mae Hong Son).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

I am still waiting for someone to demonstrate how the closure of national parks can slow down a pandemic.

You think too much! just obey and accept that our masters would only do what is best for us and ensure our safety! it's easy to fall into the trap of thinking they are serving out a self serving agenda, they are only doing what is best for us, the people they were elected to "serve" ????

Edited by CGW
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

I am still waiting for someone to demonstrate how the closure of national parks can slow down a pandemic.

Overcrowded campsites with hardly any space to walk between tents.  Seen it like that on  holiday weekends.  Could easily just close the campsites, or limit numbers.