Filing At The Bangkok Uscis

I have found out that you can file your I-130 and g-325 forms at the USCIS in Bangkok if your are legally married and living in Thailand. They have a rule that you have to be here for a year but we were married in December of 2006. They raised that point at the office but I showed them the email from their office saying I could file there. So the best best is too email and ask permission. So long as you have the email they will take it-and make sure that you have all the correct documentation to go with it as well. I hope that that is helpful to anyone else who might need the info.

We also just received a notice from the USCIS in Bangkok (form I-171) that "My petition to classsify the beneficiary as an immediate relative of a United States citizens as been (approved) forwarded to the United States Embassy at Bangkok". It goes on too state the the U.S. consulate will "contact the beneficiary and give instructions about getting a visa". Does that mean that we have to wait for another letter from the Consulate or do we have to go online to purchase that barcode to set up an appointment? Any answers out there.

• 2 months later...
I have found out that you can file your I-130 and g-325 forms at the USCIS in Bangkok if your are legally married and living in Thailand. They have a rule that you have to be here for a year but we were married in December of 2006. They raised that point at the office but I showed them the email from their office saying I could file there. So the best best is too email and ask permission. So long as you have the email they will take it-and make sure that you have all the correct documentation to go with it as well. I hope that that is helpful to anyone else who might need the info.

We also just received a notice from the USCIS in Bangkok (form I-171) that "My petition to classsify the beneficiary as an immediate relative of a United States citizens as been (approved) forwarded to the United States Embassy at Bangkok". It goes on too state the the U.S. consulate will "contact the beneficiary and give instructions about getting a visa". Does that mean that we have to wait for another letter from the Consulate or do we have to go online to purchase that barcode to set up an appointment? Any answers out there.

GBT- I just found your posting while reading through the archives. That's great that you can submit through USCIS in BKK.

Basically, they are want only you (American Citizen) to have been in Thailand for over a year right? Or, did they raise the point that you must be married for over a year in THailand before submitting?

As for prove of your residence in Thailand, did you have to present a year-long visa for staying in Thailand?