New Zealand

overherebc

They were quarantined after their arrival, but after 6 days (that's the usual incubation period - but it can sometimes be longer) they were allowed to travel by car cross-country to see their dying relative.

IF they never left the car, IF the car was disinfected after they got out, IF they didn't stop on the way for fish and chips,  IF they didn't use the opportunity to take part in some weird religious ceremony... then all that can have happened is, the dying relative may get infected. 

The problems are all these IFs. 

Not many Asians would trust a British person about anything related to covid. 

36 minutes ago, uhuh said:

Not many Asians would trust a British person about anything related to covid. 

But, in NZ, anything British - and particularly English - is sacred.

• Confused 1

Bit of a storm in a teacup if you ask me. I just saw their PM on TV going to great lengths to explain that they aren't going to allow any compassionate leave from quarantine from now on. Obviously it's just two cases <deleted>, they've caught it early they can contact trace, this is going to be the way of dealing with C19 from now on, but they've gone for the holy grail of eradication, presumably that is why the people are upset as she must know otherwise why is she doing all this placating.

12 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

Bit of a storm in a teacup if you ask me. I just saw their PM on TV going to great lengths to explain that they aren't going to allow any compassionate leave from quarantine from now on. Obviously it's just two cases <deleted>, they've caught it early they can contact trace, this is going to be the way of dealing with C19 from now on, but they've gone for the holy grail of eradication, presumably that is why the people are upset as she must know otherwise why is she doing all this placating.

They are  having to trace 320 contacts, which may well increase before all have been located.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/17/new-zealand-brings-in-military-after-covid-19-quarantine-fiasco

22 hours ago, uhuh said:

Maybe really a storm in a teacup and main problem is that it's in the media all over the world.

Hardly a teacup and people are REALLY angry that we all went through 7 weeks of lockdown only for infected people to be allowed out of quarantine without being tested.