Thyroid Tes - High Throid - Doctor Recommendations - Pattaya

Thomas J

My fiance went to have her blood work.  I suspected she had a low thyroid condition.  Attached is one of the five tests.  The rest came back within normal range but this one has a low number which as I read it, means she actually has a high thyroid condition.  Does anyone else have such a condition and what sort of treatment and if they know of a knowledgeable doctor in Pattaya to go to for a consultation. 

thyroid.JPG

This appears to be the best qualified endocrinoligist in Pattaya area

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/doctor-profile?v_id=274&depid=37

Consultation plus hospital fee etc will run about 2000 baht. Any  lab or other tests would be extra. Be sure to bring all available lab results with you to avoid unnecessary repeat tests.

Note that if she is Thai she can get care for free at the government hospital which covers the location where she is registered in a tabian ban. 

2 important questions:

1. When you say everything else was normal, did that everything else include T3 / T4?

2. Is she already taking thyroid supplement?

As a low TSH coupled with normal T3/T4 would ususlly indicate someone taking thyroid supplement, not hyperthyroid condition.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

1. When you say everything else was normal, did that everything else include T3 / T4?

Sheryl,

No the only medication she is on is for menopause hormone replacement Cyclo Progynova 

These were the 5 tests run 
image.png.433c3cc3e81e02369440995f54398246.png