"Sinner" didn't get the message! A dozen cats left in a crate behind the market

webfact

"Sinner" didn't get the message! A dozen cats left in a crate behind the market

a.jpg

A woman called Jirawan, 53, contacted Thai Rath after a man she called a "sinner" left 12 cats in a wooden crate by her back wall behind the Worakit Plaza market in Si Racha, Chonburi. 

There was a mummy cat, 10 kittens and a pregnant feline. 

CCTV footage from Tuesday night showed a man arrive in a white pick-up and dump the cats on Tuesday night that Jirawan found the next morning after hearing their mewling during a rainstorm. 

d.jpg

This was despite a sign that Jirawan had put up saying that offenders who dumped animals in the area would face a 40,000 baht fine. The wording of the sign went on to explain that the "jai baap" (sinner) would not only be separated from their loved ones but die a tortuous death like the animals they abandoned. 

Clearly the sign has had little effect.

c.jpg

There was some good news though; after the news was posted online good homes have been found for two of the cats and other groups are showing an interest in looking after them. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-19

• Sad 1

just  like  the  dogs  there  are  way  too  many ,  cats  will  decimate  the bird life and  have  been  the  latest  pet  craze  for  a  few  years  now.  They  never  learn  and  never  will.

On 6/20/2020 at 8:54 AM, bodga said:

just  like  the  dogs  there  are  way  too  many ,  cats  will  decimate  the bird life and  have  been  the  latest  pet  craze  for  a  few  years  now.  They  never  learn  and  never  will.

Actually almost 25 or 26 years ago it was hard to even see a bird here. I remember seeing a TV commercial that basically said to the general public to not kill the birds. Here in CM around my house there are way way too many different kind of birds now. Good in a way as the many different variety, but bad in a way as they are very noisy when coming to my backyard. But all in all ok for me. I have 2 dogs but have been thinking about getting a cat.