CIMB Thai Internet Restirction to your accounts.

Trying to get feedback from thaivisa readers.

With CIMB THAI Bank, “CIMB THAI Digital Banking”, app, they are no longer allowing access to your accounts via the internet ( CIMB Clicks removed) .

You can only access via their new mobile app on your phone. Any thoughts on this restriction as expat who travels?

Thanks for your feeback.

37 minutes ago, Alotoftravel said:

no longer allowing access to your accounts via the internet...

You can only access via their new mobile app on your phone...

The app on your phone doesn't use internet ?  What does it have to do with traveling?

If you are travelling and lose your phone, you lose access to your money. There was a thread last week here where a guy couldn't activate K+ app on a new phone because he was in Australia, and they required a branch visit to do it.

I suspect more banks will follow suit as mobile banking is probably deemed more secure.

Thanks for your feedback .

Kasikorn while require cellular connection while on mobile banking , they have at least still allow Web login. Unlike cimb Thai , they removed web login when they came up with their new app.

I fear you are all right that  the bank path is moving to mobile . I noticed Bangkok bank just came up with their updated mobile app. I just hope Bangkok do not remove web log in like cimb Thai . 

Can't imagine why they  would do that. Internet banking is much safer than phone banking via app.

WARNING. If it is  a message with a link to click  to download the app, Be very careful that it's not  a  fishing attempt, or a way to put malware on your phone. DON't CLICK ON ANY LINK!!

Better to speak to your local branch and clarify it that way..

Edited by phetphet

17 hours ago, Alotoftravel said:

Thanks for your feedback .

Kasikorn while require cellular connection while on mobile banking , they have at least still allow Web login. Unlike cimb Thai , they removed web login when they came up with their new app.

I fear you are all right that  the bank path is moving to mobile . I noticed Bangkok bank just came up with their updated mobile app. I just hope Bangkok do not remove web log in like cimb Thai . 

I have the new Bangkok Bank app.  I just did a test.  Turned off mobile data on my phone...now only have home Wifi connection....logged onto the app/my bank acct no problem....just like with the old app.

For cimb Thai :

I had to have cell connection so that I receive the otp to set up my phone to work with the cimb Thai digital mobile app. Once I set up device with the app, I disconnected the cell Connection and was able to access my Cimb account via the phone app with no phone cell connection , So this is ok at least without mobile connection , just WiFi .