Thai Culture Question

sunshine13

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why any farang would want to tell his wife, especially a Thai, that he has a woman on the side. Can the OP please appraise me of any sense or advantage in this?

This is a troll post; it's just for fun. I know plenty of farangs that play on the side. Of course they don't tell their wives.

"Playing on the side" and having a Nia Noi are not one in the same. Playing on the side can be one night stands. Nia Noi is a more long-term & more serious involvement.

I don't understand why any farang would want to tell his wife, especially a Thai, that he has a woman on the side. Can the OP please appraise me of any sense or advantage in this?

This is a troll post; it's just for fun. I know plenty of farangs that play on the side. Of course they don't tell their wives.

"Playing on the side" and having a Nia Noi are not one in the same. Playing on the side can be one night stands. Nia Noi is a more long-term & more serious involvement.

Oh, right. Does this mean that he'd get less of a kicking from his wife if it's only a bit on the side?

So lets get some context around this.

Thai soap operas ..most have story lines around mistresses and mia nois.

My girl often chides me as to whether i want a mia noi.

So its a phenomenon that exists in Thai Culture.

So does anyone have a sensible post on this practice rather than the usual trite commentary?

I am not going to bring it up because its her 19th birthday and we just celebrated by 59th birthday and its been really good moods lately and we are soul mates. i will try to wait and see if i can due with out the mia nois, but since its thai culture, i dont see what the big deal is... why should only the thai males be allowed them? this is my first marriage and soul mate so maybe i am a fish out of water.

CHOKE-DEE-THAI-VISA-KRAP

So lets get some context around this.

Thai soap operas ..most have story lines around mistresses and mia nois.

My girl often chides me as to whether i want a mia noi.

So its a phenomenon that exists in Thai Culture.

So does anyone have a sensible post on this practice rather than the usual trite commentary?

I have two married brothers in law, one is a "butterfly" and the other has a long term mia noi, a young hills tribe girl living in the mountains near the village. The mia yai...?? is not happy but does little about it. The "butterflys" wife assaults him at every given opportunity. Last week he came around to borrow a spare cell phone, his having been propelled against the wall with considerable velocity.

I would say the two wives are similar in temperament, uneducated, hard working women, both with two children and about 40 years old.

Edited by sceadugenga

What's wrong with a vivid imagination??? If you possess it you can sleep with whomever you want and your wife doesn't need to know cos she'll be still satisfied in the process.

This week I've had Beyonce, Halle Berry, Elle MacPherson and Tyra Banks. Currently I'm looking through the Thai Visa Ladies Forum for some likely candidates. :o

i have been reading this thread with some interest and the most accurate post is that by Mighty Mouse.

in any relationship, the sex may get a bit 'stale' at times, but it takes two to tango - maybe you should learn how to dance?

I dont think that this is a problem so long as you keep it in the family. Maybe she has a sister that can fit the bill. If not given the fact that she is 19 years old the mother must be around half your age so thats an option. The money stays in the family and the ducks go hungry. Happy ending!

Maybe we should be nicer to Sunshine. It is possible that he just got out of prison after doing 40 years and his emotional develepment is still around a 20 year old guy. Maybe he was "dating" 9 year olds then and he has moved up to 19 year olds, a big improvement. He says in another posting that most of his friends are Thai teenagers!! Doesn't this set off any alarm bells since he is 59?!

And his so called "wife" is a girl he is only dating according to his other posts. And for both the women he is interested in, the 19 year old and a 30 year old, he thinks good gifts to get them are yearly passes to a water park ... so he can enjoy looking at them when wet.

How many Thai girls/women do you know who enjoy water sports and being in the sun? Please give them large amounts of money or houses, so that when one kills you, they will be able to live a nice life afterwards.

And please leave us their e-mail addresses so we can write and thank them later.

A Friend of mine ;-) dating a well educated Career girl with a job most of us would view highly (i.e. the level of a pilot or lawyer). Both Sub 30’s and becoming serious about each other. A Playful conversation about playing around ensued with the pretence of seriousness from my friend.

He asked his Girl friend if it was ok if he visited Poseidon massage parlor. She replied, just don’t let her know about it, and don’t see the same girl more than once… (no movies, dinners etc)…

It seems to me that the Op has been successful in attempting to ruffle a few feathers and that his topic has many view points. My observations from outside of TV forum are that members of the fairer sex in Thailand will turn a blind eye only so far.

The ideals vary through cultural, social and economic boundaries, but it always seems the case that greater compromise occurs from the female party.

A Friend of mine ;-) dating a well educated Career girl with a job most of us would view highly (i.e. the level of a pilot or lawyer). Both Sub 30’s and becoming serious about each other. A Playful conversation about playing around ensued with the pretence of seriousness from my friend.

He asked his Girl friend if it was ok if he visited Poseidon massage parlor. She replied, just don’t let her know about it, and don’t see the same girl more than once… (no movies, dinners etc)…

It seems to me that the Op has been successful in attempting to ruffle a few feathers and that his topic has many view points. My observations from outside of TV forum are that members of the fairer sex in Thailand will turn a blind eye only so far.

The ideals vary through cultural, social and economic boundaries, but it always seems the case that greater compromise occurs from the female party.

I will second that. I have had similar conversations with my tcgf of 4 years, due she's worried of getting old. We are both way under 30's, students, un-employed and poor on my perspective, so no money involved. Though, this is more about sex than mia nois. In the future I'm not sure how my morals would handel this, but she's ok with it. I have no need for it right now.

No matter the OP's motives this has been interesting, just thought to give it my point.