Krabi national parks provide facilities for disabled, elderly

webfact

Krabi national parks provide facilities for disabled, elderly

By THE NATION

800_f91b07f2d61e38b.jpg?v=1592885405

Two national parks in Krabi province, Hat Nopparat Thara-Koh Phi Phi and Than Bok Khorani, have provided facilities for disabled and elderly tourists.

The ramps, wheelchair parking lots and disabled toilets are in line with Natural Resources and Environment Minister Varawut Silpa-archa’s policy to improve the 155 national parks nationwide under a "universal design" idea.

640_gaa59jd8bdahhh8dadbek.jpg

The idea includes “friendly site designs” for elders, the disabled and patients.

Hat Nopparat Thara-Koh Phi Phi park chief Worapoj Lomlim said his park has also improved a handful of ports – such those at Maya Bay, Koh Phai (Phai Island) and Phi Phi Island – from which to view the Andaman Sea.

640_ba8cg9dhdbeaa97jgiijj.jpg

“We want all tourists to be able to access all attractive areas of the national park, and we have focused on their convenience and safety,” he said.

Worapoj also said closure of the park has helped natural resources there to recover to a “fertile state”. 

“Natural resources at Maya Bay have returned to a beautiful state after it was closed two years ago, before the Covid-19 outbreak,” he said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390135

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-23

Really great to see this! I live in Bangkok and I am housebound mostly! If I can get better love to go! I can not even get in the sun! However does not preclude me from seeking shade! Getting old Is a punishment for getting old!!! ????

• Like 1