Can't inform 90 day report if your visa extension has expired

Be aware:

If your visa extension (your entry stamp "valid until" date) has expired, as mine has, even though you are permitted to stay until 31 July - immigration will not allow you to do 90 day reporting.

I was hoping to do 90 day reporting now, as from 31 July we don't know what will happen and no doubt there would be thousands of people flooding immigration.

Unfortunately at CW they would not accept the report as the date is expired.  You can only do 90 day if you are within your period of stay.

2 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

Sorry, I'm confused.

I thought you only have to report 90 days when you have an extension for retirement or marriage ??

These still need to be renewed as and when they expire - there is no amnesty.

Yes I have a non-O multiple for marriage.  The visa is valid until August but the last entry was valid until 30 May.

I was told no need to do 90 day (cannot in fact) and no problem, can stay until 31 July.

1 minute ago, Dominion said:

Next time do it online and with the days you are granted to do it online. Don't trust anything people say unless it's official. Read between the lines.

I was told by @ubonjoethe first time you do 90 day (It is my first as I have not needed to before because of frequent business travel) it must be done in person to get registered. Thereafter you can do online. 

2 hours ago, drbrit said:

Yes I have a non-O multiple for marriage.  The visa is valid until August but the last entry was valid until 30 May.

I was told no need to do 90 day (cannot in fact) and no problem, can stay until 31 July.

On your visa type you don't do 90 day reporting anyway. You can only do it if you're on an extension of stay.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, drbrit said:

I was told by @ubonjoethe first time you do 90 day (It is my first as I have not needed to before because of frequent business travel) it must be done in person to get registered. Thereafter you can do online. 

Or mail it in. But in your case, the point is moot, unless you upgrade to a 1 year extension. Besides, during the amnesty no one has to do a 90 day report anyway.

• Like 1

Nobody has been required to do 90-day address reports since the end of March.  That permission (to not do the 90-day address reporting) currently expires on July 31st but Immigration as yet hasn't said when any new 90-day address reports are due after July 31st (I presume that Immigration will get a ton of them on August 1st unless they give a clue as to what's required after July 31st).  Regardless, a lot of people have been doing 90-day address reports anyway via online, in person, or by mail without any problem.

The OP has a unique situation....his permission to stay having expired so Immigration probably appropriately told him he can't file one by any method (regardless, even if he could file one, there's no need to do so at least through July 31st). 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, drbrit said:

Have you ever done a 90 day report on a Non Imm O multi entry? Answer no, so why would you want to try and do one anyway? You are supposed to leave the country every 90 days. You will be joining the 1000's of people flooding immigration as you suggested when the amnesty period is concluded. Good luck.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

You will be joining the 1000's of people flooding immigration as you suggested when the amnesty period is concluded.

What will they be doing? Most people should of left by the 31st if the amnesty is not extended.

Certainly not 90 day reports since immigration will do an announcement stating when they will be due if the amnesty is not extended.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2020 at 12:06 PM, drbrit said:

You could have done your 90 days report as usual,within the allowed window,of course. But you can do it when the amnesty is over. Don't worry. 

On 6/25/2020 at 8:13 AM, MJKT2014 said:

Have you ever done a 90 day report on a Non Imm O multi entry? Answer no, so why would you want to try and do one anyway? You are supposed to leave the country every 90 days. You will be joining the 1000's of people flooding immigration as you suggested when the amnesty period is concluded. Good luck.

That is exactly what I was trying to avoid and why I went there.  But they would not accept my submission because I am over my 90day stay period and in the amnesty period.  I pushed them to allow it anyhow but they said not possible.

10 minutes ago, drbrit said:

That is exactly what I was trying to avoid and why I went there.  But they would not accept my submission because I am over my 90day stay period and in the amnesty period.  I pushed them to allow it anyhow but they said not possible.

What was the point in trying to do this?

Amnesty gets extended: They will most certainly also continue the suspension of 90 day reports, they don't want thousands of tourists submitting a 90 day report.

Amnesty doesn't get extended: You have to leave Thailand until 31st July, no need to do a 90 day report.

In either case you won't have to do a 90 day report.

Edited by jackdd