Bad News For Dreamtv

djinn

No problems so far - and if I read the article right I think it will only be a matter of changing ownership, I can't see the station to stop.

It'd be far worse if they bite the bullet and change to a safe encryption system such as Astra (Malaysia) did a few years ago.

I was wondering why the Dream channel was cut sometimes,I fear the big dispute in Manilla between tycoons could explain

Please read

http://www.jsat.tv/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1176521513

Do anybody have problem now with Dream????

I watch it everyday (am doing so right now) - haven't seen it cut transmission. I've found the signal, in Nakhon Sawan during the past week or so, to be very inconsistent though, and far weaker than it was previously.

They lowered the signal strength some months ago (or perhaps just narrowed the beam) so that while you used to be able to see it in most conditions with a 2.4 mtr dish, you now need a 3+ mtr dish to get the same signal. Now, as soon as there are a few clouds the signal drops off the scale :o

They lowered the signal strength some months ago (or perhaps just narrowed the beam) so that while you used to be able to see it in most conditions with a 2.4 mtr dish, you now need a 3+ mtr dish to get the same signal. Now, as soon as there are a few clouds the signal drops off the scale :o

Thanks Phil. I wish I had gone with my own inclinations and purchased the 3-metre dish rather than accepting the dealer's advice that 2.4 would be just as good for my location.