Annoying ads on Utube

This is a cry for help. I enjoy watching Utube on my Huawei mobile, but nearly every video I watch starts with one of these annoying repetitious ads from Peace Boat, Lazada, Shopee, Wester Union and other sponsors. Is there anyway to block these. I have AdBlocker installed. What's wrong? Anyone?

No it´s not. That is made for Youtubers making money, and is built into the video feed not the webpage. Adblocker only blocks ad on a webpage.

Just something you have to live with watching free and pirated videos and films. If you not want ads and commercial you buy a service instead.

There's no way around it if you use the mobile app after all YouTube's bread and butter are ads. A solution you might find is connecting with a VPN to a country where at your current time is night, then it's less likely that ads are served.

If you want no ads there is YouTube premium subscription, not too sure.

Edited by Sundown
  • Like 1

Try blokada, works on android. There is a specific host list setting which can be applied to help with the you tube ads.

Or for an alternative YouTube apk, try smartyoutubetv.

Try Firefox browser, brave browser, bromite browser, kiwi browser.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Thanks for the reply Jai Dee, but I have the Utube Icon on my screen and how does one change the URL and add any symbol? 

You must be using the YouTube app.

The fix I referred to in the link above is for watching YouTube videos in a browser.

You add the full stop (period) to the URL of the video in the address bar in your browser.

Just now, Jai Dee said:

You must be using the YouTube app.

The fix I referred to in the link above is for watching YouTube videos in a browser.

You add the full stop (period) to the URL of the video in the address bar in your browser.

Yes, correct, it was installed on my Huawei when it was given to me as a gift a year ago. But as Matzzon said, if the ads are built in to the videos, then can an Adblock remove them?

8 minutes ago, Sundown said:

There's no way around it if you use the mobile app after all YouTube's bread and butter are ads. A solution you might find is connecting with a VPN to a country where at your current time is night, then it's less likely that ads are served.

If you want no ads there is YouTube premium subscription, not too sure.

youtube premium user here... no ads  when viewing on my phone via the APP.