Thai vaccine could be ready by ‘early next year’, says Anutin

webfact

2 hours ago, Chassa said:
7 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

My understanding is, vaccination will be compulsory

Same as drivers licences!

Dunno about vaccination, maybe an injection to induce narcolepsy? Could be the cause of the 'micro-sleep' collisions.

Will the vaccine be mandatory or voluntary? Yes, a stupid question that makes a point. If I refuse the vaccine then my time is up in Thailand. I am concerned because I absolutely will not be vaccinated. Tough decisions ahead. 

• Thanks 1

Posts containing unattributed content that was copy and pasted from some sites have been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

An inflammatory post and the replies have been removed. 

11 hours ago, CGW said:

find it incomprehensible how someone would allow themselves to be injected with "dead" DNA from another body and lots of chemicals that are known to be bad for you,

Well, there are millions of people worldwide who would disagree with you, because vaccines have been used for decades now and have helped cure things such as polio, whooping cough, diphtheria etc, and I for one and pleased that I was vaccinated in the early days, because I saw many people who weren't and who suffered badly from polio disabilities.

Millions of deaths have been prevented by vaccination, so no one should be anti-vaccination, IMO, however I will put a proviso on that statement, in as much as I would be wary of something which was rushed through, possibly forgoing a couple of steps in the normal testing process.

And I certainly wouldn't trust anything that was developed quickly here in Thailand.

3 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:
21 hours ago, J Town said:

Masks?

He has the lapel amulet. Are you blind?

Ha ha ha! An excellent observation there.

You're awarded three points by p!ss-takers anonymous.

I'd forgotten Thailand is a world leader in micro-amulets. This particular version draws its power from any available Wi-Fi.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Bionet-Asia president Withoon Wonghankul said the company will ask for FDA permission to begin simultaneous monkey and human trials of the prototype vaccine, which should help fast-track the process.

I'm all for an effective vaccine for this pandemic and the more institutions trying to develop one is probably a good thing, but this scares me. They have found some success in mice but now want to go straight to human trials alongside monkeys. Provided they get the permission from the Thai FDA. 

No thanks, I could not imagine any mentally sane human volunteers for this just because it had some success in mice, oh wait, Anutin said he'd be willing ????

56 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm all for an effective vaccine for this pandemic and the more institutions trying to develop one is probably a good thing, but this scares me. They have found some success in mice but now want to go straight to human trials alongside monkeys. Provided they get the permission from the Thai FDA. 

No thanks, I could not imagine any mentally sane human volunteers for this just because it had some success in mice, oh wait, Anutin said he'd be willing ????

What are the odds that this total a$shat [Anutin] refuses the real injection when its available and somehow manufactures a ‘saline’ injection in lieu of the real thing as a publicity stunt....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xylophone said:
14 hours ago, CGW said:

find it incomprehensible how someone would allow themselves to be injected with "dead" DNA from another body and lots of chemicals that are known to be bad for you,

Well, there are millions of people worldwide who would disagree with you, because vaccines have been used for decades now and have helped cure things such as polio, whooping cough, diphtheria etc, and I for one and pleased that I was vaccinated in the early days, because I saw many people who weren't and who suffered badly from polio disabilities.

Millions of deaths have been prevented by vaccination, so no one should be anti-vaccination, IMO, however I will put a proviso on that statement, in as much as I would be wary of something which was rushed through, possibly forgoing a couple of steps in the normal testing process.

And I certainly wouldn't trust anything that was developed quickly here in Thailand.

Don’t use intelligence to argue with a paranoid delusional fool... you know the saying... 

Mark Twain: 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Don’t use intelligence to argue with a paranoid delusional fool... you know the saying... 

Mark Twain: 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

????

Thinking to myself, all fools are not intelligent.

Though fools are generally adamant & aggressive.

Have a nice day ???? 

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The hubris....  This is the 3rd Covid-19 cure they have discovered (so far), they [Thailand], also discovered a cure for HIV and for Ebola...  (links to those articles below).

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/301078-a-world-first-vaccine-helps-prevent-hiv-infection-produced-in-bangkok/#comments

Thailand never did claim to have developed a cure for HIV , the link you provided shows Thailand claimed to have developed a drug that helps to prevent people from getting infected , rather than a cure

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Vigilante said:

The virus has brought the world economy to a standstill.

I don't think vaccination will be left to personal choice

Just my understanding as to how goobermints think.

Think of a plan B if you are going to refuse.

So, its not based on anything factual or anything tangible , just what you think will probably happen? 

10 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:
15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The hubris....  This is the 3rd Covid-19 cure they have discovered (so far), they [Thailand], also discovered a cure for HIV and for Ebola...  (links to those articles below).

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/301078-a-world-first-vaccine-helps-prevent-hiv-infection-produced-in-bangkok/#comments

Thailand never did claim to have developed a cure for HIV , the link you provided shows Thailand claimed to have developed a drug that helps to prevent people from getting infected , rather than a cure

https://www.voanews.com/archive/thai-inventors-claim-develop-first-aids-cure-2002-07-13

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That seems to be a rogue person trying to pass off a food supplement  as a cure for HIV .

The Thai Government refuted his claims and told him to stop making the fraudulent claims 

So, Thailand didnt claim to have found a cure for HIV, just one rogue Thai man trying to pass off a food supplement as being a cure for HIV

"The Thai government considers the drug just a food supplement, and says it must not be advertised as an AIDS treatment. Critics point out it has not been tested under international standards, and some say it may be a fraud."

"Alex Renton, from the aid agency Oxfam, is not convinced. "Everybody who's responsible in Thailand, including the Ministry of Health, has declared that V1 Immunitor, which is essentially a food supplement, which has been marketed very aggressively to Thai HIV positive people, is useless, it's food supplement, it's like vitamins and it's very cruel and also very lucrative."

On 6/25/2020 at 11:03 AM, Bkk Brian said:

"We are planning to share the formula with the world????

Anutin blabbing again. Maybe ready by early next year? I know of no other country in the world where the government has made such speculative claims on a development that is still in the pre-clinical stage.

north Korea

Edited by lavezzi

The Oxford group are leading the way, and according to Dr Campbell, the vaccine will be here the earliest September 2021. If that happens, it will be the fastest vaccine rollout in history. So I am not sure what Anew-Jin is smoking 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Why not combine the monkey and human trials into one. Test it out on the high ranking military/government species?

I'd assume it's because the latter are so featureless no one would be able to tell if their demeanour changed. Plus some of them suffer from narcolepsy.

7 hours ago, Mung said:

The Oxford group are leading the way, and according to Dr Campbell, the vaccine will be here the earliest September 2021. If that happens, it will be the fastest vaccine rollout in history. So I am not sure what Anew-Jin is smoking 

Actually Dr Campbell said a possibility of it being ready and distributed by September 2020 just over 3 months away. 

15 minutes ago, Yinn said:

He try to give some farangs at public airport some mask in Febuary. Free. To help stop the spread. 

I know everybody hate him, but now the farang country agree should wear the mask. 

Now..

Passengers travelling through UK airports are being told to cover their faces and wear gloves due to Covid-19.

The new rules will apply to those travelling through Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands airports from Thursday.

He was right.

He said “AI farang” , not “Dirty farang” 

Do you think it ok to refuse wear mask at airport now? 

If listen to Anutin, less people die. 

Be good, wear a mask. 

Thanyou.

Do many Thais have problems keeping their mouths closed ?

I see many Thais wearing a strap around the bottom of their chin which is attached to their ears .

The only explanation could be that they are using the straps to keep their lower jaw up and without it, they would be walking around with their mouths open 

Edited by CorpusChristie

17 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I see many Thais wearing a strap around the bottom of their chin which is attached to their ears .

The only explanation could be that they are using the straps to keep their lower jaw up and without it, they would be walking around with their mouths open 

At airport? 

On trains, buses? 

59 minutes ago, Yinn said:
1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

At airport? 

On trains, buses? 

In Udon Thani hospital three weeks ago. Two staff members, separate occasions. Both in A&E (Accident & Emergency).

• Like 1

A serious search for a new vaccine takes 5 years, but the Thai people and the Farang will be the guinea pigs in these five years of research.

It would be interesting to know that one the most important investor on this company Bionetasia is Anutin ?

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Actually Dr Campbell said a possibility of it being ready and distributed by September 2020 just over 3 months away. 

Let's hope he's right. 

I wonder how dangerous it would be to do limited testing and then if the results are positive/promising go ahead with mass vaccination, but only if the it's already well established that the serum has no serious side effects?

Edited by scorecard