Pakistan flag carrier to ground a third of pilots over 'dubious' licences

snoop1130

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"We've been told that an investigation conducted by the civil aviation authority has found that about 150 of our pilots have dubious licenses," company spokesman Abdullah H. Khan told Reuters.

They should fill the vacancies with bus drivers from Bangkok.  Stadtler is sure they are just as qualified as the unqualified pilots.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

When ifirst came to Thailand 26 years ago i used to fly with Biman Bangladesh ,because they were so cheap., you would not believe some of the sights i saw on board and in Dhaka on stopovers ,now i know why people clapped when we landed.

I took the chances in those day as well, might be even almost 30 years ago. Biman was always the cheapest but their delays have also been unbeatable.

3 hours ago, Deli said:

I took the chances in those day as well, might be even almost 30 years ago. Biman was always the cheapest but their delays have also been unbeatable.

I used Biman a number of times in the early 80's. They used a 707 for the Dhaka - Bkk sector with a stop off in Rangoon.  Only time I was concerned when flying was on a 707 into Rangoon with the wings flapping about, but just proved to me that these birds are tough.

On 6/25/2020 at 6:08 PM, snoop1130 said:

2020-06-25T070154Z_1_LYNXMPEG5O0MD_RTROPTP_4_PAKISTAN-PIA-STRIKE.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) passenger plane prepares to take off from the Benazir International airport in Islamabad, Pakistan, February 9, 2016. REUTERS/Faisal Mahmood

I hope that's not the control tower right in the picture

• Haha 1