Game of Thrones: George RR Martin 'spending long hours' writing new book in isolated cabin

snoop1130

Game of Thrones: George RR Martin 'spending long hours' writing new book in isolated cabin

By Emily Mee

skynews-george-rr-martin-game-of-thrones_4675020.jpg

Game Of Thrones author George RR Martin

Games of Thrones author George RR Martin has revealed he is spending lockdown writing the next book in the fantasy series while holed up in a "cabin in the mountains".

The 71-year-old told fans in a blog post that he hopes The Winds of Winter will be finished "next year".

He wrote: "I have to confess, after half a year of pandemic, quarantine, and social distancing, I am showing signs of cabin fever… half of which is quite literal in my case.

"Yes, I am in an actual cabin in the mountains... if nothing else, the enforced isolation has helped me write.

Full Story: https://news.sky.com/story/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin-spending-long-hours-writing-new-book-in-isolated-cabin-12014249

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Games of Thrones author George RR Martin has revealed he is spending lockdown writing the next book in the fantasy series while holed up in a "cabin in the mountains".

I was under the impression he suffered from dementia, which is why his last book (written by a ghostwriter) was complete poop.

i think he has five main books.  i read three.  i heard the fourth is bad, so i'm taking a break. i heard the fifth one, dancing with dragons or something, was really good.

at this point he could literally write.. osijfdls;fjdslf;jdfkadsl;fjsd for one hundred pages and will never be poor.   the last season on TV was absolute garbage, but the first 6 were good enough that he will never be poor.  lol.  he's not that great a writer where he should be worried about it being perfect.   whatever, he's not reading this post on TV...but he should!!!!

if he is...i would make all the characters turn into ladyboys and fight the dragons in the jungle as acid rain and volcano ash falls from above.  this is chapter 1...  

3 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

i heard the fourth is bad, so i'm taking a break.

I am on number 4 now , and thankfully near the end .

The further you get into it ,  the worse it gets.

Edited by NE1

I shall avoid his future stuff like the plague, only the first couple of GOT books were any good, as soon as it was adapted for TV writers and editors got involved and George here was under way too much pressure and time restriction to produce any decent story line, by the last couple of seasons he had little to do with the way things developed and the abysmal last series he had zero input. 

Only other series that was popular and kept people hanging around only to get increasing worse poor lazy dumb ending as bad i can recall was Lost.

He is worth well over $100 million from five books and the TV show, which was great the first four or five seasons, then it fell off a cliff. The longer the series went, the crappier it got. It was spent after four seasons. 

Why not spend a little time trying to crank out another book, for $20 million or so? Many have been cooped up at home for months, making nothing. Is this supposed to be sold as some kind of hardship?

On 6/25/2020 at 9:50 PM, Ventenio said:

i think he has five main books.  i read three.  i heard the fourth is bad, so i'm taking a break. i heard the fifth one, dancing with dragons or something, was really good.

All five of the Game of Thrones "A Song of Ice and Fire" series are very good. The 6th book is being written. "A Dance With Dragons" was last one completed. Published in 2011. He has written other books similar with the same families involved, sort of, since 2011 and there are the illustrated books, but we await 2 more books to finish the "A Song of Ice and Fire" story. Will it end the same at the TV show????

On 6/26/2020 at 1:01 PM, spidermike007 said:

the TV show, which was great the first four or five seasons, then it fell off a cliff. The longer the series went, the crappier it got. It was spent after four seasons. 

I agree!! I wouldn't even pay for HBO the last season.

1 minute ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I agree!! I wouldn't even pay for HBO the last season.

I recently downgraded to the super family package for about 500 baht per month, on True. Their programming is so inferior, it boggles the mind. Their selection of movies, when I had the platinum package was horrible. They were often showing movies that were unheard of, from 40-50 years ago. I think they make it a policy to never pay more than 150 baht, for a licensing fee for a movie!