Fiance Settlement Visa To Uk

Having read a great deal about this topic on this forum I made what I consider to be a comprehensive folder of documents in support of the application. I'm in the Uk at the moment working so can't be with her when she applies.

My fiance was worried about whether she had enough documents and went and asked them if everything was OK before submitting the application.

They told her she needed the following additonal items:

a) ID card - although she has a Thai passport. OK she can show this but why do they need it in addition to the passport?

:o The ORIGINAL title deeds for her PARENTS land.

I've never seen this mentioned anywhere on this forum, in their checklist or elsewhere.

Can someone please enlighten me as to why they are asking for this?

Thanks

Jim,

Those documents are of no relevance to your fiancée's application. If, when she makes the application, the staff at the visa application centre say they are needed, she can insist that it goes forward to the embassy as is.

Scouse.

Thanks for that. Her concern (and mine) is that disagreeing with them may cause a problem!

Jim

If you want to submit the additional documents, doing so will not harm her case, but neither will it assist.

The problem is that some staff at the visa application centre seem to believe they are de facto visa officers. In reality, however, they can't refuse to accept an application, and, if you are otherwise confident that you have submitted all evidence relevant to your application, you may insist that it goes forward as it is.

Scouse.

If you want to submit the additional documents, doing so will not harm her case, but neither will it assist.

The problem is that some staff at the visa application centre seem to believe they are de facto visa officers. In reality, however, they can't refuse to accept an application, and, if you are otherwise confident that you have submitted all evidence relevant to your application, you may insist that it goes forward as it is.

Scouse.

Thanks a lot. I agree your comments. if I was there I'd have a few words with them!

Jim