Pro lockdown advocates, what's your solution for unemployment, homeless and no food?

steelepulse

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Your political agenda is  a mirror image of the Trump talking points.

There you go, who? Trump? I don’t really give a rats bottom about him, as you can easily see if you look at my posts here. 

But even Trump can say something sometimes which overlaps with what I’m saying, sure. But using that to accusing me, or other posters here, of having an agenda to promote Trump is a malicious imputation. Do you really need such tactics?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

You are showing your insecurity when you use the term "bragging". Previously, you also  assumed I was a pensioner. I am gainfully employed and yes I am educated in the health sciences. I do not discuss my employment

It is absolutely ok to not talk about your employment. I wouldn‘t too. 

However you were claiming that you know better than other posters because you have a superior education. But then you refuse to specify what education. Imputing insecurity because I dare to ask that you follow up on this is is not helping. It is however typical for your posts, as I mentioned previously, to mix half-truths with insults, and then ramble on. 

So what is it, your education?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

No one is pro-lockdown. We would all love to have things as they were. Unfortunately, that is not possible. I get it. You are scared. You do not understand, You want things as they were. Well, it is not going to happen.

Yet you look away when countries are discussed which achieved better results that Thailand and all lockdown countries, without a Thai style lockdown. The clear proof that it is indeed possible.

Looks to me as if you‘re the one so scared that you cannot think anymore, like so many. No surprise, my head starts to spin too if I listen to CNN for a while. 

Take a deep breath now, and discuss the question the OP posted, or go bickering elsewhere.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

And about your US agenda, may be teach them to stop eating junk food, and to move their bottom a little more, work on loosing some fat and the diseases obesity causes. That could bring the danger of the virus easily down to normal levels, like in Europe, where it is almost only the ones older that 65 years which are affected. Just because they enjoy a very unhealthy lifestyle in the US doesn’t mean the whole world is doomed.

To spite the bad food, their primary "crime" - in terms of getting sick from covid - is "living to be too old."  This was especially true in Italy.  It's great we have ways to keep people alive into very old age, but that doesn't mean we do not become weaker - thus can be taken-out by a weak virus like this one (which does not affect the young and healthy).

The problem we face, is those in power are disproportionately in the "at-risk" group, and they are willing to destroy the lives of everyone else - even the future itself - because they "don't have to worry" about the future, as they won't be alive in it.  If they get another year to breathe air, but everyone else lives in a totalitarian-dystopia afterwords, that's "not their problem."

They could just stay home, protect themselves, and let others go on with life - but "That's Not Fair!!!"  So, they want to create a "new normal" which allows THEM to have a bit more freedom to go out now, though it destroys the lives of everyone else.

Just look what this generation did to the successor-generations in the West - sold out their futures and destroyed their homeland for all future generations - all for "cheaper stuff" and "cheaper labor."   The way this virus situation is being handled is more of the same.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, natway09 said:

In fact many factories are desperate for workers in Rayong

Feel a bit sad for the imported labour who had no choice to go home & cannot get back.

If the factories have to pay Thai-level wages, Thais get to have decent-paying careers in their own country.  Sounds good to me.  I know many who have to work 1000s of Km away, because cheaper labor is imported into Thailand to do the Very Same Jobs, they do somewhere else.  They get to see their families 1 or 2 times per year, as a result.

Edited by JackThompson

29 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

To spite the bad food, their primary "crime" - in terms of getting sick from covid - is "living to be too old."  This was especially true in Italy.  It's great we have ways to keep people alive into very old age, but that doesn't mean we do not become weaker - thus can be taken-out by a weak virus like this one (which does not affect the young and healthy).

The problem we face, is those in power are disproportionately in the "at-risk" group, and they are willing to destroy the lives of everyone else - even the future itself - because they "don't have to worry" about the future, as they won't be alive in it.  If they get another year to breathe air, but everyone else lives in a totalitarian-dystopia afterwords, that's "not their problem."

They could just stay home, protect themselves, and let others go on with life - but "That's Not Fair!!!"  So, they want to create a "new normal" which allows THEM to have a bit more freedom to go out now, though it destroys the lives of everyone else.

Just look what this generation did to the successor-generations in the West - sold out their futures and destroyed their homeland for all future generations - all for "cheaper stuff" and "cheaper labor."   The way this virus situation is being handled is more of the same.

Just to let you know, young are dying from Covid..................https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/08/young-people-coronavirus-deaths/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1