Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Trump denies being told about Russian bounties to kill U.S. troops in Afghanistan

webfact

Seems there is a case to be made for treason charges  if these allegations are proven true. 

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/06/28/carville-theres-a-case-for-treason-if-trump-knew-about-russia-bounty/

On conviction I do believe that an execution sentence may be rendered. Luckily SCOTUS  has just lately ruled on whether lethal injection may be applied. Hopefully the same drugs used in states  like Oklahoma can be used. These sometimes take 40 minutes to do the trick  while the prisoner anguishes in  dire pain. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/politics/death-penalty-denies-supreme-court/index.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candide said:

So the Russians spread fake information claiming that they paid Talibans to kill US and UK soldiers. Hmmm.......

I assume you know the Russians desperately want US and Western forces out of Afghanistan.  The East-West conflict over Afghanistan goes back many decades since the US helped push the Russians out. The basis of the conflict is that Russia has been seeking warm water ports for its Navy since WW2.  But I think the current issue is pure American politics at its best.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, bendejo said:

If you truly want an answer, do a little reading on the techniques used by various cults and political movements to re-wire people's minds.

An obvious one these days is the way POTUS will repeat certain words continuously in a single sentence, drumming it into the heads of those who tend to believe him, thump thump thump...

The use of radio in the Rwandan genocide is noteworthy in relation to your question.

Nah, didn't really want an answer and I'm totally uninterested in the techniques used by various cults and political movements.

14 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Well I believe Trump because he has a good record of telling the truth ????

It’s not about believing trump, but about reading full article and seeing if story makes sense  and the only people for whom it makes sense are the trump haters and not because of the story itself but because of their blind hate of trump

14 minutes ago, BestB said:

It’s not about believing trump, but about reading full article and seeing if story makes sense  and the only people for whom it makes sense are the trump haters and not because of the story itself but because of their blind hate of trump

it's about the "most powerful man in the world" ( "how lucky you are, I'm your President") who does'nt read anything else in office but tweets. 

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

White House briefs GOP lawmakers

Republican lawmakers expressed concerns after a closed-door briefing on yet-unconfirmed intelligence that Moscow paid the Taliban to kill Americans in Afghanistan.

The fact that they are doing these clandestine "just us" meetings is a giveaway.  As usual, the behavior betrays that they have something to hide.

Betray, now there's a word we'll be hearing lot.

It's coming out now that this business is one of the things Bolton was not allowed to put in his book.  Right there, that proves that this thing exists.

Edited by bendejo
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BestB said:

Ahhh rite back to the old safe spot haters lol he was notified in February so sorry trump knew just dident want to call it out for whatever reason he’s certainly derelict in his duty to protect our troops at the very least I see a resignation coming 

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

We will soon know as a bipartisan group of congressional leaders is demanding the Trump's administration explain what it knew about the bounty report. Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe and CIA Director Gina Haspel has been summoned to provide all-member briefings to Congress. Several key GOP are pressing for more information from Trump's administration. There will be confetti and popcorn when Trump's allegation that it was a Russia hoax will be exposed that he again has been compromised. Russiagate 2. 

Truth keeping up with fiction:  this incident makes me think of the last season of Homeland (which was actually filmed three years before it was aired) with this Russian guy hanging around the Khyber Pass area handing out big piles of $$$ for favors.

Did any one see Charlie Wilson's war?? The true story made into a movie

In the early 1980s, Congressman Charlie Wilson succeeded with efforts  to get America to supply the Afghan mujahideen (now known as the Taliban) with the weapons and **support to defeat the Soviet Union. However, eventually everyone learns that while military victory can be had, there are other consequences and prices to that fight that were ignored to everyone's sorrow.

America not only supplied The Taliban with weapons to (Successfully) defeat Russia, it had to give support in how to use weapons they had never seen like a Rocket launchers that could bring down a Helicopter full of troops.

I don't know what Trump was told--I'm sure it will come down to the usual side saying he was--the other side saying wasn't--& no ones mind being changed.

But if the Russians are arming the Taliban ....then I guess a fitting epilogue would be................... สมน้ำหน้า      Som nah na

1 hour ago, Opl said:

it's about the "most powerful man in the world" ( "how lucky you are, I'm your President") who does'nt read anything else in office but tweets. 

trump doesn’t fully or regularly read the President's Daily Brief, something that is well known within the White House. He is instead orally briefed two or three times a week by intelligence officials. https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/politics/russia-bounties-presidential-daily-briefing/index.html

But what good is that if this buffoon doesn’t have enough grey matter to assimilate the information. Duh!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Face it... it's unsourced BS. Again. And you wonder why people say things like "the media is the enemy of the people" and "FAKE NEWS"?

Yet it's been confirmed by media outlets throughout the world independently. Do you want to know why it's unsourced? Because every person who has blown the whistle on Trump has had their careers ruined and their identities leaked. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The fact that intelligence services briefed lawmakers on this story is now confirmed even by Republicans, according to not only Fox News but multiple other publications.

The White House is also briefing lawmakers on this, so it's hardly fake news.

White House briefs GOP lawmakers

read more carefullyer.  they're playing damage control, giving a briefing about the reports.  not the intelligence reports, but the news reports.

"a review is ongoing to determine the veracity of the claims"

"the information had not been confirmed"

"If the intelligence review process verifies the reports"

remember that dodgy dossier by steele?  all that unverified, salacious BS that even the most biased papers wouldn't touch?  but then someone had the bright idea to brief obama then leak the briefing.  then it became newsworthy and absolutely truthy.  turning fake news into real news.

as of now, still no evidence of any payback on the part of the soviets.

2 minutes ago, jcsmith said:

Yet it's been confirmed by media outlets throughout the world independently. Do you want to know why it's unsourced? Because every person who has blown the whistle on Trump has had their careers ruined and their identities leaked. 

media outlets throughout the world are able to independently locate and interview anonymous high-level united states government officials with direct knowledge of these events and convince them to discuss highly classified information, and yet the entire might of the executive branch is unable to confirm these unsourced reports?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

media outlets throughout the world are able to independently locate and interview anonymous high-level united states government officials with direct knowledge of these events and convince them to discuss highly classified information, and yet the entire might of the executive branch is unable to confirm these unsourced reports?

White house press secretary was asked today.

Foreign govts briefed, some in congress briefed. But not the president.

On 6/28/2020 at 7:18 PM, mtls2005 said:

During your cruise on De Nile, please be aware that the White House has confirmed this story. So feel free to challenge them.

What seems open for discussion is when the president became aware of it, and if prior to Saturday, why didn't he do anything about it.

Yea no.  He was briefed.  100% certainty.  NATO allies are saying they were briefed on this awhile ago.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sujo said:

White house press secretary was asked today.

Foreign govts briefed, some in congress briefed. But not the president.

citation needed.

i've just fired up the VPN, trying to find it myself.  if you have a link, please post.  (non-paywall/non-no adblock preferred)

Edited by ChouDoufu

typical reaction from any head of government, complete denial of any wrong doing..... he denies being informed, Putin denies being involved, did anybody expected anything else from them??? I didn't

59 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It is now being widely reported that John Bolton ways he briefed Trump on this a year ago in a meeting to discuss the specific subject of Russia offering bounties to Afghan insurgents to kill American servicemen.

Some head shuffling is in order.

https://apnews.com/425e43fa0ffdd6e126c5171653ec47d1

Seems Trump was briefed in early 2019. He has been looking for justification to remove troops from Afghanistan. Just maybe he himself recommended to Putin there be a bounty put on American troop's lives.  That would provide him with the justification he was looking for and really put him in Vlad's good books. Putin could then repay the favour by getting Trump reelected.

• Like 1

Top officials in the White House were aware in early 2019 of classified intelligence indicating Russia was secretly offering bounties to the Taliban for the deaths of Americans, a full year earlier than has been previously reported, according to U.S. officials with direct knowledge of the intelligence, according to Time magazine. ????

Remind me once more, how do you spell TREASON??? ????

• Thanks 2