Extend Non O based on retirement > marriage needed for lockdown?

Hi,

My annual NonO extension is due next month in Thailand, so would I be better to change reason of extension to marriage to increase my chances of travel abroad to work again and get back in? I read only married expats being allowed in and not retirees? I'd prefer to stay on retirement extensions if it makes no difference as less hassle for me, the wife and kids.

How is this married expats permission to travel into Thailand to be vetted at airports, are correct visa extension types needed or just a copy of marriage cert OK with any visa?

Cheers.

It is not just a matter of being married to enter the country now. A certificate of entry has to be applied for at a embassy or official consulate where you are located. Then you travel to the country on a repatriation flight.

Things will certainly be different in a few months or perhaps even in August.

If you want to it might still be best to apply for an extension based upon marriage.

Info about the COE is here. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1170406-applying-for-certificate-of-entry-and-visa/

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks UJoe that is very helpful. Forgot about the COE. I will already have a re entry permit, so need to get COE at an embassy as well means I will stay with the retirement extension for time being I think.

Appreciate the link thanks.