Mac Pro 6.1 (late 2013) Trash can or Cylinder Mac

roskruge

Mac Pro 6.1 (2013) This computer has 2 Graphics cards or boards know as A & B - What I want to know is can one be upgraded without upgrading the other - or - Are A & B a matching pairs like the Mac Pro Memory. Also if anyone else in Pattaya June/July 2020 who has spare parts for this machine Please let me know. At the moment mine is down, also if you have any combination of a Mac Pro 2013 you would like to sell (working or not) at a resonable S/H price let me know.

On 6/30/2020 at 3:54 PM, roskruge said:

enlighten me we are talking Apple/Mac not PC - how would you feed into machine USB Thunderbolt I think would have to remove existing GPU

I’m well aware of the machine. No GPU removal required, you just need the correct OS Version to support the eGPU. From the information replacing the internal GPU/s is not efficient as they have a reputation of frying themselves and being slow compared to an external Solution.

On 6/30/2020 at 3:54 PM, roskruge said:

we are talking Apple/Mac not PC - how would you feed into machine USB Thunderbolt

To back up what Sometimewoodworker posted, I did a quick google search to find the following upgrade guide:

Google Search:  Upgrading Mac Pro 6.1 2013

The Definitive Trashcan Mac Pro 6.1 (Late 2013) Upgrade Guide

blog.greggant.com | by Greg Gant | May 7, 2019

The entire blog post is helpful, but you're interested in the eGPU writeup

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I am now aware external GPU's can only be attached to a working machine as 'code' has to be inserted in 'terminal' so it reconises the external GPU. In my case internal GPU not working, so cannot just plug in an external GPU and hope it works it won't.

But back to my original question can you mix D300 with D500 (A & B) or (B & A) ..... NO

IT-House in Pantip Plaza (1) Patunam. will renovate/restore AMD D300 or D500 graphics cards for about 12,000 Baht each. You can courier the cards only or the whole computer to him.

• 2 weeks later...