A dreadful experience at one of my favorite Pubs.

WineOh

33 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Yeah.

we also won the league mate!

(silence) 

I am a life long Manchester United supporter. But actually I’m very pleased that you won the league. And by such an impressive number of points... But next year.......

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

This thread is not about the 50 THB, but

but its turning into a thread about why @liverpoolfan has been asked twice already on this thread why he didn't say he mentioned to the manager or not about the price being 140THB on the menu?

32 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

They are advertised in the menu at 140 baht! 

If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains." Bill Shankly.

Bill Shankly was barred from Mellwood after he finished working for the red *hite, and i am told

he did go to Bellefeild so why do you post something that is nonsense, and as they say ''if you know your history'' 

it appears you do not know yours.....oh by the way Mellwood was l.pools training ground and Bellefield  was EFC  

Bill Shankly was always more than a great football manager. ... Harder still was that Liverpool became an even more formidable force, and later banned him from their training ground at Melwood, where the newly retired Shankly had tried to rediscover some of the camaraderie that once filled his life.Oct 17, 2009 OBSERVER

Edited by zoza
  • Thanks 1

Favourite bar you would think you may be at least recognised and know the ropes.Seems none of your mates or other patrons there either. Could it be that 2 for 1 was a non happy hour special!  Or happy hour was tomorrow?????

29 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

I am a life long Manchester United supporter. But actually I’m very pleased that you won the league. And by such an impressive number of points... But next year.......

Back to the Blues!  PML

• Haha 1

it's about being possibly scammed, disrespected, and treated like an idiot.

when i buy fruit and the lady says 60 baht, i immediately ask myself, "what if i was Thai?  if i come back over and over, will it get cheaper?"

when it goes from 140 to 190, you feel as though they are treating you as an outsider, farang, loser, dirty person, worthless idiot, moron, etc....

it's 90% all in our heads.......but he asked for a manager, which I wouldn't do over 50 baht

in about 5 years, i've been scammed for about a few thousand baht and given discounts, deals, free stuff, whatever....of about 50,000 baht.  last month i got great deals.  store owner shoes me his book and i pay what he pays....but we are good friends now.  his book shoes his price and what he should sell it at.  anyhow..

one day this guy will just say, OK, who cares.....and life will go on.  

advice:  budget about 500 a month over "strange" prices.  make mental notes.  you will be surprised it's lower than you think and your stress will go down.  

Edited by Ventenio
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Mug!

They care nothing for you or your custom, no matter how much you spend or how often you go.

If you get a bit too drunk to keep count, they'll still pad your bill.

Pay when they bring the drink .... then if you don't like the price, you can walk away.

Can't remember how many times we've been told on TVF to pay after each drink is bought. Only newbies and perhaps drunk people run up a load of chek bin before paying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twocatsmac said:

It would certainly help if you named the bar.

Since libel and slander are regarded as criminal matters here in LOS, the bar could have taken legal action against him which might have resulted in him being banged up in the Bangkok Hilton (or local equivalent) for an exceedingly long stretch, had he done as you suggested.

I will leave it to others to judge whether he would have deserved such a fate!