A dreadful experience at one of my favorite Pubs.

WineOh

4 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I was charged 140 baht the first day for my pints, 190 baht the next.. 

what is your point, uncle ?

sounds like you got off easy the first night and somebody made a mistake... 

also sounds like you don't just have no Thai friends but have trouble w/people everywhere you go... 

• Like 2

Just now, kenk24 said:

sounds like you got off easy the first night and somebody made a mistake...

Right. They made the mistake.

not me.

so why should i be spoke to like s**te??

they should be kissing my backside and offering me a free cocktail to entice me back.

Not here though, here its more like they cock up and somehow its my fault ????????

beyond pathetic.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, kenk24 said:

also sounds like you don't just have no Thai friends but have trouble w/people everywhere you go... 

I certainly have trouble with people I think are trying to steal from me ...... no matter how small the amount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Liverpoolfan said:

Right. They made the mistake.

not me.

so why should i be spoke to like s**te??

they should be kissing my backside and offering me a free cocktail to entice me back.

Not here though, here its more like they cock up and somehow its my fault ????????

beyond pathetic.

You were demanding they made the "mistake" again.......????‍♂️

i expect you actually noticed the mistake the day before,
but said nothing, as it was a win for you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Its our fault mate!

its always the victims fault here, especially when said victim is a foreigner!!

Safer to drink at home, on my second wine cooler now, 32Bht @7.5%.

There is a shop that sells them for 28bht, but it was closed today.

They did have U-beer for 50bht @5%, but a quick calculation ......

62bht vs 50x 1.5 ....... shows I get more alcohol for less money in the wine cooler.

(I would need to spend 75bht on U-beer to get the same measure of alcohol)

Oddly enough the booze shop are very nice to me, dropped a wine cooler a few weeks back, was happy to pay the 32bht, but they absolutely refused to take the money for the breakage.

Edited by BritManToo

20 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Moral - take a photo of the price before you order !

The price is in the menu apparently... rather than argue the toss wit the female manager he should have just shown the menu.

Or the OP is full of buffalo excrement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Don Mega said:

Does one need to have their testicles removed to be able to drink a wine cooler..... or is that why its drunk at home ?

Yeah, I have to drink beer when I'm out or the beer girls don't keep refilling my glass.

Odd thing I've noticed, if you don't drink beer, the hookers won't sit with you either.

Only in Thailand!

27 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Interesting to see how many people here willing to defend the indefensible!

It is "defensible" though .

Seems like they had a happy hour and also a buy one get one free and you had both offers at the same time .

70 Baht a pint of beer is well below cost price , could be that the beer had been sitting there for three months and they were trying to get rid of it , was your stomach OK the next day ?

1 hour ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I did!

i never said i didnt.

the reason i got back was 2 for 1s are only on the fully price of beer (190). But the day before that was not the case. I was charged 140, not 190.(this was not written down anywhere!!) This is where the problem is. How am i supposed to know that 2 for 1 is only available if i pay full price for the beer when i am sat there drinking right in the middle of happy hour and the day before i was charged the happy hour price????? (And just to reiterate for a 3rd time, the main issue is NOT the price of the beer. It was the attitude shown by the manager.

Your OP does not say you pointed the price out

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Its our fault mate!

its always the victims fault here, especially when said victim is a foreigner!!

That's all scousers attitudes - always the victims never your fault

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Because i stand my ground and refuse to be treated like a mug.

You appear to be good at that, why only just yesterday you were playing a tennis mate with me on a post, back and forth, but you kept on missing the point, which I can see as clear as daylight.

What is upsetting here is, you stood your ground, she won, and your out, good luck finding another happy hour for the difference 50 baht, I have been ripped harder than that by farangs and still returned, i.e. one bloke hit me for an extra 70 baht when the bill came, e.g. he said I will buy you a beer, but when the bill came his wife the co-owner slugged me for the extra beer, (the forth), and I said your husband has bought me one, you pay for 4 beers she said, I said oh ok, he was sitting right opposite me and put his hands up as if to say, it's out of my control........,pussy, so the last 7 times I went around I bought one beer, he and he asks if I wanted another with my reply being, nah thanks mate, don't feel like drinking tonight and when I leave I go to the next place and have my other 3 beers, and I know he knows because some of the guys that drink at that place then go around to his place and each have their own spies knowing who has been where, so getting even is better then cutting off your own nose to spite yourself.

The last time when I finished my one beer he asked if I was heading up to what's his name bar, and I said, what have you all of a sudden become my wife, smiled and left, so the next time he wants to shout me a beer and have his wife charge me for it, he will think twice because by my calculations he has lost 3 beers each time I have gone around and that loss multiplied by how many times I have been around, well kind of satisfies me to know that what goes around comes around, should I cut him out all together, nah, enjoy the company of others there as much as I do the other place, so the moral of the story is get even, but in this case you lost again, tennis is not your best game, and losing to a female, oh deary me, missy manager pulled rank on you and told you straight up if you don't like it here go elsewhere, left you little choice because of your 50 baht stance, no doubt you will be remembered as a cheap Charlie ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

You appear to be good at that, why only just yesterday you were playing a tennis mate with me on a post, back and forth, but you kept on missing the point, which I can see as clear as daylight.

What is upsetting here is, you stood your ground, she won, and your out, good luck finding another happy hour for the difference 50 baht, I have been ripped harder than that by farangs and still returned, i.e. one bloke hit me for an extra 70 baht when the bill came, e.g. he said I will buy you a beer, but when the bill came his wife the co-owner slugged me for the extra beer, (the forth), and I said your husband has bought me one, you pay for 4 beers she said, I said oh ok, he was sitting right opposite me and put his hands up as if to say, it's out of my control........,pussy, so the last 7 times I went around I bought one beer, he and he asks if I wanted another with my reply being, nah thanks mate, don't feel like drinking tonight and when I leave I go to the next place and have my other 3 beers, and I know he knows because some of the guys that drink at that place then go around to his place and each have their own spies knowing who has been where, so getting even is better then cutting off your own nose to spite yourself.

The last time when I finished my one beer he asked if I was heading up to what's his name bar, and I said, what have you all of a sudden become my wife, smiled and left, so the next time he wants to shout me a beer and have his wife charge me for it, he will think twice because by my calculations he has lost 3 beers each time I have gone around and that loss multiplied by how many times I have been around, well kind of satisfies me to know that what goes around comes around, should I cut him out all together, nah, enjoy the company of others there as much as I do the other place, so the moral of the story is get even, but in this case you lost again, tennis is not your best game, and losing to a female, oh deary me, missy manager pulled rank on you and told you straight up if you don't like it here go elsewhere, left you little choice because of your 50 baht stance, no doubt you will be remembered as a cheap Charlie ????

Another one totally missing the point. (Hardly a surprise with you though tbh)

read my post again properly will you.

55 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Certainly increased the post count and provided countless click bait opportunities. 

So, was there a menu stating buy one get one for one hundred and forty baht or not?

No that was the happy hour price.

buy one get one free price is 190.

Has the OP been back to the thread ?

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

No that was the happy hour price.

buy one get one free price is 190.

Has the OP been back to the thread ?

I’m here mate.

why, are you missing me ?

Edited by Liverpoolfan

our fault mate! its always the victims fault here, especially when said victim is a foreigner!!

You come across as a victim in your own imagination. Bars have just come out of 3 months of closure, will be feeling the pinch, and don't need the extra hassle of someone calling a manager over 50THB that isn't even written on the menu or the attitude as quoted above. Cheer up, it could have been worse, you could have played like Alisson Bekker last night.

"i had done nothing other than stand up for my rights as a consumer!" 

As a consumer in Thailand, You have the right to remain silent...any derogatory comments will be held against you...don't expect an apology for shoddy goods or services or incorrect change...

5 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Yep - you made yourself sound pretty pissy, & petty....

And you are one of these guys why bars do that scam. You would say "ok, only 50 Baht (what are 30% more btw.), pay - and come back. So the manager are learning how easy it is to get extra money from "polite" foreigners. At how many Baht more you would protest, 100, 300, 1000?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

What a cheepskate

By his own admission the pub said the 190 happy hour is only for premium beers. You were lucky with the 140 bt yesterday. Perfectly logical explanation from the manager.

So it is as i stated way back in the beginning you were lucky the day before.

Nothing to do with the money.

stopping missing the point numbskull!

• Like 1