Outlook-live junk email not auto-deleting

prophet01

The Mrs uses web based outlook-live to access her emails whilst I use the Office 365 desktop app.

As the title of the thread states the emails automatically filtering to the junk folder don't autodelete after 10 days as should happen.

I've attempted to investigate the issue on the internet, which appears to happen to many others, but cannot find a solution.

Any ideas please?

outlook.png

Although not directly answering your question, here are a couple of things to think about.

1. If using the web-mail, just go to the junk mail box, select all, and shift + delete. Not only does this bypass the deleted/trash box but it will give your missus a chance to review what is in the folder before getting rid of the contents forever. Scheduled deletes are OK but are not safe if you don't check the contents of what you are deleting.

2. If using W10, she has the option of using the built-in Mail app to read her email account. Even if you have only one machine at home, it still keeps her mail relatively private.

3. Again, there are many 3rd party mail clients out there that can be installed. Thunderbird as an example.

4. If privacy isn't an issue you can install multiple accounts on Outlook 365.

As stated earlier, this does not answer your question, but if you were asking for advice, then don't worry about scheduled deletes and just do/or show your wife how to manually delete the contents of the Spam folder. After checking nothing has been redirected to the folder that shouldn't have been.

Edited by chrisinth

Perhaps consider yourself lucky as Microsoft mail app seems to be deleting a lot of peoples Gmail lately - perhaps they are working on that issue and it causing the normal abnormal side effects.  

On 7/3/2020 at 2:43 PM, prophet01 said:

Well yes, it is a Thai Visa forum but it's specifically the Thai Visa IT and Computers forum so it might well be that other forum members have experienced this issue.

If you don't ask you'll never know.

Sure, that´s right. Just my opinion that you will get a more accurate, quicker and better answer from the right support.

On 7/5/2020 at 11:53 AM, Matzzon said:

Sure, that´s right. Just my opinion that you will get a more accurate, quicker and better answer from the right support.

Have you ever actually used the Microsoft Community Outlook forum?

If you have, and then received an accurate timely reply, then you have done better than me with several queries over many years.

On 7/5/2020 at 5:53 AM, Matzzon said:

3 hours ago, topt said:

If you have, and then received an accurate timely reply, then you have done better than me with several queries over many years.

@topt

Spot on. That's precisely why I didn't bother.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, prophet01 said:

@topt

Spot on. That's precisely why I didn't bother.

So, that begs the question why you did not say that then in your reply to me. I guess it was much more easy to get the idea when it was served to you. ????

4 hours ago, topt said:

Yes, I have used MS Community forum as well as support for Office, Windows and Office 365. All have been given me answers in 2-3 hours in business hours. Only Outlook Community Support Forum that have been taking up to 48 hours, but acceptable when it´s not a paid for service.